Hi I recently put up a post about me getting low fps in games, I fixed that by reinstalling my gpu drivers 3 times. I thought is was fixed but then i found it isn't. If I want good fps and no stuttering in games I need to reinstall the drivers each t

Sebbydo

Hi I recently put up a post about me getting low fps in games, I fixed that by reinstalling my gpu drivers 3 times. I thought is was fixed but then i found it isn't. If I want good fps and no stuttering in games I need to reinstall the drivers each time i leave the pc off for a while, If i leave it off overnight then the drivers need to be reinstalled. Please help because this is really annoying. I have a temporary solution, I sleep it instead of shutting down. I tried using a program to wipe all driver data completely but there was no change

your cpu is bottlenecked during games? when my cpu starts thermothrottling my game will stutter caused by frame drops

6 hours ago, Ghostay said:

[removed] 

Oh my. It's been years since I've last been rick rolled. Well played sir, well played.

To OP: Try DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) and a clean installation afterwards. If that doesn't work, try reverting to an older version that you knew was stable. Other than that, you have to give us more info to help you, like your GPU model for instance.

Edited by Godlygamer23
Removed quoted post(post was removed).

~ Specs bellow ~

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit [UEFI]
CPU: Intel i7-5820k Haswell-E @ 4.5-4.7Ghz (1.366-1.431V) | CPU COOLER: Corsair H110 280mm AIO w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 IPPC-2000 IP67 | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32Gb (8x4Gb) DDR4 @ 2666mhz CL15 | MOBO: MSI X99S Gaming 7 ATX | GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming (flashed "X") @ 2138-2151Mhz (locked 1.093V) | PSU: Corsair HX850i 850W 80+ Platinum | SSD's: Samsung Pro 950 256Gb & Samsung Evo 850 500Gb | HDD: WD Black Series 6Tb + 3Tb | AUDIO: Realtek ALC1150 HD Audio | CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 | MONITOR: LG 34UC79G 34" 2560x1080p @144hz & BenQ XL2411Z 24" 1080p @144hz | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5450 Digital 5.1 Speaker System | HEADSET: Sennheiser GSP 350 | KEYBOARD: Corsair Strafe MX Cherry Red | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | UPS: PowerWalker VI 2000 LCD

Mac Pro 2,1 (flashed) OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan 64-bit (NAS, Plex, HTTP Server, Game Servers) [R.I.P]
CPUs: 2x Intel Xeon X5365 @ 3.3Ghz (FSB OC) | RAM: OWC 16Gb (8x2Gb) ECC-FB DDR2 @ 1333mhz | GPU: AMD HD5870 (flashed) | HDDs: WD Black Series 3Tb, 2x WD Black Series 1Tb, WD Blue 2Tb | UPS: Fortron EP1000

I had this problem with my laptop, it fixed itself after installing some older drivers. As to how old, I am not sure since I had some other people help me with this issue on this site.

18 hours ago, Speed bump said:

your cpu is bottlenecked during games? when my cpu starts thermothrottling my game will stutter caused by frame drops

I Have a 240mm closed loop water cooler for the cpu so I don't think so

17 hours ago, unleashedtails said:

I had this problem with my laptop, it fixed itself after installing some older drivers. As to how old, I am not sure since I had some other people help me with this issue on this site.

Ok thanks how do I install older Nvidia drivers?

3 hours ago, Sebbydo said:

I Have a 240mm closed loop water cooler for the cpu so I don't think so

it's not the cooler, listen up.. does you processor reach 100% load during gaming, that might cause your stuttering because the processor is not able to keep up with the gpu peformance

1 hour ago, Speed bump said:

it's not the cooler, listen up.. does you processor reach 100% load during gaming, that might cause your stuttering because the processor is not able to keep up with the gpu peformance

This was after about 15 mins of gameplay on silk road. ps I got 3 tows from the LAV in one life on helis

CPU load bf4 and temps.PNG

okay so your processor is almost maxed out and spikes may hit your cpu to 100% wich may cause your game to stutter, my suggestion upgrade the cpu!

16 hours ago, Speed bump said:

okay so your processor is almost maxed out and spikes may hit your cpu to 100% wich may cause your game to stutter, my suggestion upgrade the cpu!

Ok I might go up to an 8350 be then

9 minutes ago, Sebbydo said:

8350 won't really be any more different from FX-6300. All it does, is give you more threads.

It doesn't help on DX9/DX11 titles.

What you need, is stronger new cpu like i5 4690k/6600k.

2 hours ago, Sebbydo said:

I wouldn't. What GPU do you have? I had an FX-6350 with a GTX 970 and experienced 0 lag spikes whilst playing BF4 at high 1080p.

1 hour ago, K0MP4CT said:

I wouldn't. What GPU do you have? I had an FX-6350 with a GTX 970 and experienced 0 lag spikes whilst playing BF4 at high 1080p.

gtx 770 windforce 2gb

3 hours ago, sapphirethunder said:

8350 won't really be any more different from FX-6300. All it does, is give you more threads.

It doesn't help on DX9/DX11 titles.

What you need, is stronger new cpu like i5 4690k/6600k.

ok but that would need lots of cash for a new mobo and cpu at once

1 hour ago, Sebbydo said:

ok but that would need lots of cash for a new mobo and cpu at once

Yeah, it would. But it is the only way to properly improve your fps.

13 hours ago, sapphirethunder said:

Yeah, it would. But it is the only way to properly improve your fps.

Hey my dad is running a fx 8350 I couldtry and use that but he is pretty protective about his hardware

5 hours ago, Sebbydo said:

Hey my dad is running a fx 8350 I couldtry and use that but he is pretty protective about his hardware

You would get the same effect by simply overclocking the FX-6300 to same clockspeeds as FX-8350. Which is 4.2Ghz. Oh wait...you are already running it at 4.3Ghz. So it is currently performing the same or a bit better than stock FX-8350.

Only difference you would see, is in highly multi-threaded workloads. But not in DX9/11 gaming.

6 hours ago, sapphirethunder said:

You would get the same effect by simply overclocking the FX-6300 to same clockspeeds as FX-8350. Which is 4.2Ghz. Oh wait...you are already running it at 4.3Ghz. So it is currently performing the same or a bit better than stock FX-8350.

Only difference you would see, is in highly multi-threaded workloads. But not in DX9/11 gaming.

its at stock (3.5) atm but do u want me put it at 4.3

1 minute ago, Sebbydo said:

its at stock (3.5) atm but do u want me put it at 4.3

Well, if you can, it will help a bit.

3 minutes ago, sapphirethunder said:

now?

6 minutes ago, sapphirethunder said:

I will oc in the morning coz i want to go to bed night

On 4/6/2016 at 10:48 AM, Sebbydo said:

Won't help, but frankly I don't think your problem is the cpu. The symptoms do not indicate that, and if it was the cpu then you wouldn't be reaching 100 fps under any cirumstance. What I suggest is to log gpu and cpu usage throughout the game and check if there are any suspicious dips when it starts stuttering.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 hour ago, Sauron said:

Won't help, but frankly I don't think your problem is the cpu. The symptoms do not indicate that, and if it was the cpu then you wouldn't be reaching 100 fps under any cirumstance. What I suggest is to log gpu and cpu usage throughout the game and check if there are any suspicious dips when it starts stuttering.

ok i will tomorrow thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So, I used http://www.geforce.com/drivers and entered all the details and such. Then installed a driver from last year and still using it now since I'm afraid it will break or something.

Use a gpu driver swipe thingy (there's plenty online) to uninstall current drivers and install the older driver by just double clicking.

Not guaranteed but it worked for me on my laptop with 860m.