Noob needs help picking a wifi card.

Council_of_Trent

Howdy

So, I was looking replace my stupid looking wifi dongle with a wifi/Bluetooth card.  However, I've got no real experience in this area and don't know what to look for.  My motherboard (MSI Z97 Gaming 5) has an M.2 slot, but I fear many of the cards I look at could not fit.  So, I'm also considering a PCIe solution.  Would anyone be interested in pointing me in the right direction?  Any feedback is appreciated.

Theres a basic one on Amazon for like $18.. just get that.

Yes I know better ones can be, well, better, but that one works just fine

P.S: ethernet is better, but if you don't have access to a port, nevermind

Intel i7 6700K | MSI Krait Z170A MSI GTX 980 w/ NZXT Kraken G10/x31 Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD/WD Blue 1TB HDD NZXT H440 | K70 RGB/SteelSeries Rival

12 minutes ago, Council_of_Trent said:

Howdy

So, I was looking replace my stupid looking wifi dongle with a wifi/Bluetooth card.  However, I've got no real experience in this area and don't know what to look for.  My motherboard (MSI Z97 Gaming 5) has an M.2 slot, but I fear many of the cards I look at could not fit.  So, I'm also considering a PCIe solution.  Would anyone be interested in pointing me in the right direction?  Any feedback is appreciated.

what would you rather: a pci adapter or a usb adapter? i can find you one that will fit you board (hopefully)

9 hours ago, NotSoAnonymoussChris said:

what would you rather: a pci adapter or a usb adapter? i can find you one that will fit you board (hopefully)

I'd rather have a PCI.

ive been looking at a few sites for you, and ive found that newegg offers a lot of options if you want to go the PCI route