need help with new build

Trav_X

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W2XRf7

This is what I have finally come up with. I'm looking for suggestions. 

PLEASE NOTE

- I'm looking for probably MATX or ITX, don't need a huge full tower

- Already own some DDR3 ram, so if I go X99 or Skylake I need to find room for RAM in the budget (DDR4)

- Already own some 1TB hard drive, don't know what kind it is so I just put in that western digital one

- Looking for acoustics; quieter the better

NEED MATX AND ITX CASE SUGGESTIONS AS WELL! I've been looking around at Linus's vids and HardwareCanucks, and I'm mainly look at either the Node 804, Define Nano, RVZ02, Air 240, 380T, and some others. There are a lot of different options and I'm kinda stuck, especially in the MATX category. Please help, thanks :) 

Trying to keep price UNDER $1200

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

I just put the 980Ti in there, I'm definitely waiting for Pascal and maybe Polaris although I like NVIDIA's GeForce Experience features.

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

1 hour ago, Trav_X said:

AMD generally has equivalent features, and are you building it soon?

if you only have a 1080p 60hz display a 980ti will be complete overkill. and a Fury X might be a bit better for an ITX build most likely, cuz radiator. You also have to OC the 980ti to really beat out the Fury X

You could also swap the case for the core 500 if you plan on getting a 240mm radiator for the CPU, it's a bit bigger, not that it matters too much for the size though.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kjckkL
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kjckkL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($312.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($56.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.99 @ Adorama)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $985.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-03 23:52 EDT-0400

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

What is this build for?

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

here's a black and white rig http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GhZQjX

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

What is this build for?

Oh sorry, it's for gaming mostly and maybe a bit of AMATEUR video editing, as well as using OBS For recording gameplay. I multitask a lot too, like 2 games open, a Skype call, Hamachi, and some Chrome tabs lol :) 

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

9 hours ago, Streetguru said:

AMD generally has equivalent features, and are you building it soon?

if you only have a 1080p 60hz display a 980ti will be complete overkill. and a Fury X might be a bit better for an ITX build most likely, cuz radiator. You also have to OC the 980ti to really beat out the Fury X

You could also swap the case for the core 500 if you plan on getting a 240mm radiator for the CPU, it's a bit bigger, not that it matters too much for the size though.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kjckkL
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kjckkL/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($312.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($56.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.99 @ Adorama)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $985.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-03 23:52 EDT-0400

I'll probably actually be going for a 3440x1440 ultra wide. I know a 980Ti/Fury X may not be able to drive Triple A games at that res on high settings, but I'm mostly doing simpler games like CSGO, Smite, Payday, etc. The hardest game I would play is GTAV, and I already turn down the settings on it and I wouldn't be running it on max visual settings. The only thing that is necessary is native resolution, visual quality is less important.

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

3 hours ago, Trav_X said:

It's going to be much better to buy your display before your GPU

and those ultra wide displays generally aren't really going to be worth it, because you can get a 4k display for less, and have more pixels

like this 4k IPS free-sync display, only 27" though so not the best for productivity, but it's $450

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/lg-monitor-27mc67b

Of course if fast paced shooting games are what you play most, get a 144hz 1440p IPS display, this one is also free-sync, at $550, it has free-sync up to 144hz as well unlike the older asus display
https://pcpartpicker.com/part/acer-monitor-xf270hu

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Here's the build I recommend:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($314.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($11.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($41.38 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($73.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $887.20
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-04 14:10 EDT-0400

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

39 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

Here's the build I recommend:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($314.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T2 54.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($11.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($41.38 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($73.89 @ OutletPC)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1100 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($39.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($29.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $887.20
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-04 14:10 EDT-0400

What res monitor would you suggest for that kinda build

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

8 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

What res monitor would you suggest for that kinda build

A 1440p monitor. But personally, I'd stick to 1080p all day, any day.

52 minutes ago, Shahnewaz said:

That power supply is going to be pretty weak for a 390, and that motherboard is lacking USB 3.1, and is weaker on the power delivery side compared to motherboards that only cost a bit more like this one from MSI at $66

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130895&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

That power supply is going to be pretty weak for a 390, and that motherboard is lacking USB 3.1, and is weaker on the power delivery side compared to motherboards that only cost a bit more like this one from MSI at $66

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130895&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

500 Watts is enough for a 390 and a 6700, isn't it?

You can switch around the motherboard according to the features you need. I don't think OP asked for USB 3.1 or overclocking.

1 minute ago, Shahnewaz said:

You can switch around the motherboard according to the features you need. I don't think OP asked for USB 3.1 or overclocking.

It's enough, but the issue is that it's a really low end PSU

USB 3.1 is a pretty big draw for skylake, and the power delivery isn't for overclocking, it's just for a more stable system, even if the chips don't draw too much power.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Shahnewaz said:

USB 3.1, imho is more of a future proofing thing, but I personally don't need it :D I probably won't be switching my mouse any time soon, and if anything, I'd get a mechanical keyboard as I'm on a Razer Anansi from like 2013-2014, and I'll probably make the Cherry MX switch soon eventually.

For overclocking.....ehh I'm not too much of a fan now. First of all, silicon lottery :P as well, in JUST cpus, to overclock, you need to spend extra money to even get a nice stable one at a good temperature (I.e. $80+ air cooler or an AIO for even more). In terms of GPU's, I'll be buying an aftermarket anyway, and you don't need to like pay more money for OC'ing. My 750Ti rn is overclocked a tiny bit, only enough to go from like 27FPS in Furmark to like 30-31 :P and a 750Ti stays well under like 70 degrees. OC'ing a CPU is just not necessarily for me, but I do like Z97 and Z170 parts aesthetically and in terms of features, as gaming-oriented/styled boards are WAY less common for H110, B150, H97, etc.

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

It's enough, but the issue is that it's a really low end PSU

USB 3.1 is a pretty big draw for skylake, and the power delivery isn't for overclocking, it's just for a more stable system, even if the chips don't draw too much power.

I don't really understand power delivery, although I've heard it used a lot when searching around for motherboard options. People say like 4+8 power phase or idk, I honestly can't even tell you :D lots of numbers and + signs and lots of saying more numbers are better xD I'm good with math, but the thing I probably know the least about in computers is probably PSU's and modularity and knowing which connectors come open on the PSU, and some PCIE lane stuff. But yeah, could you explain board power delivery? I'm guessing it's simple and I'm just dumb :P 

USB 3.1 isn't a necessity, but it's future proofing although most of my peripherals will remain 3.0 for a while. What can you even put in a 3.1 right now lol

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

7 minutes ago, Trav_X said:

You need a Z chipset for intel to overclock anyways, but here, this is more important with higher wattage CPUs naturally, like a 9590 will break low end boards trying to power it

USB 3.1 isn't for mice or keyboards, it's going to be for phones/flash drives, external displays even, or like super USB hubs that already exist with USB 3.0.

Spoiler

35 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

You need a Z chipset for intel to overclock anyways, but here, this is more important with higher wattage CPUs naturally, like a 9590 will break low end boards trying to power it

USB 3.1 isn't for mice or keyboards, it's going to be for phones/flash drives, external displays even, or like super USB hubs that already exist with USB 3.0.

Ah I see. I totally forgot about all the USB 3.1 devices I have actually seen :D Razer Core, those thunderbolt docks and pass throughs, USB hubs :D I'm gonna watch that video, thanks for the Techquickie link xD we ARE on Linus tech tips

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6