Delidded CPU keychain 2.0

suchamoneypit

So I've improved my keychain I made a few days ago with the addition of the Q6600 PCB and IHS which is the casualty of this experiment. Came out pretty good, makes my keys pretty unique. Still need to buy some clear epoxy or something to coat the silicon in. Because i definitely see capacitors ripping off the PCB and the silicon eroding away quickly without some protective layer, any recommendations on what to use?

I also took pictures with a proper camera, so its much prettier to view on the forums. Just thought I'd share this little creation. I had a lot of fun delidding them, and eventually making the CPUs into keychains. Anyone else got something similar they wanna show off?

694HB0f.jpg

p2uh8ix.jpg

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

10 minutes ago, fireclaw316 said:

How are you not drowning in pussy with swag like that? Look out Justin Bieber.

In all seriousness, that's cool as fuck.

lol its not like its a necklace or something. Its always in my pocket so its not really shown to anyone unless I know them personally.

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

Just now, suchamoneypit said:

lol its not like its a necklace or something. Its always in my pocket so its not really shown to anyone unless I know them personally.

It's still cool.

On 4/4/2016 at 3:56 AM, duHu said:

You could coat it with clear nail polish.

on another processor I did a test run of clear nail polish, It looks good, but its not thick enough, and ends up coming off as a film as it doesnt adhere well to the IHS. It does a little better on the PCB and silicon but its too thin to really protect it and it can get scratched off by the 2 IHS's on the key-chain.

On 4/4/2016 at 10:19 PM, suchamoneypit said:

Do you want a necklace? I made plenty of those.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

1 hour ago, Sentryy said:

Do you want a necklace? I made plenty of those.

Whats on the necklace?

23 minutes ago, suchamoneypit said:

Whats on the necklace?

A CPU.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

11 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

A CPU.

heheh I figured that much, was curious of which CPUs.

13 hours ago, suchamoneypit said:

heheh I figured that much, was curious of which CPUs.

I have Xeon 5160/5150, Also I am now doing Pentium 4 521. I also can do x99 or any other chips. You will need to put a deposit down though.

BTW i noticed on your failed experiment page that no one mentioned which CPUs are soldered. Any CPU from LGA775 to Sandy Bridge (including SB-E) had the IHS soldered on. PGA478 might have too, not sure. But after SB, Ivy Bridge and newer have had thermal paste under the IHS, and Ivy Bridge and the first gen Haswells had horrible thermal paste, hence the need to delid them. Since the Haswell Refresh there hasn't really been a need to delid them because the paste has gotten better.

Anyway cool key chain, and you could try plastic epoxy. Some dry clear and some dry yellowish but it should seal it in a nice plastic coating

CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Edition 3960X | Motherboard: Intel DX79SR "Stormville" | RAM: 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 PC3-12800 (4x 8GB) Quad-Channel | GPU: 2x EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB in SLI (I have Many other builds plus 100+ Macs (don't judge me)... Many specs are listed on my profile)

[PC#1] Log: [Link] [PC#2] Log: [Link] F@H stats: [Link]