Visual basic 6

Stark3112

Hello guys,I am a newbie to programming and I am really confused between visual basic and visual studios .....I can't find any download link to visual basic......I need visual basic for my school practicals so guys it would be great if you provide me the link to it.........

(Is it included in the visual studios)

Thank you guys .....................

Pls send me the download link .......pls....

Visual basic(vb) is a programming language. Visual Studio is the development environment used for the coding. You can choose the language that you want to use for your application once you have Visual Studio. 

According to MSDN, Visual Basic is included in Visual Studio.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

13 minutes ago, Reno2792 said:

Visual basic(vb) is a programming language. Visual Studio is the development environment used for the coding. You can choose the language that you want to use for your application once you have Visual Studio. 

Can I get the link pls ..becoz I am rolled around the internet with different versions ,even on Microsoft's website I can see 3 different versions of visual studios......pls send me the link to the one I  looking for ......

Visual Basic 6 is also different than Visual Basic .NET. VB6 was released in 1998. Mainstream support ended in 2005 and extended support ended in 2008 (wiki). VB.NET is the successor, released in 2002 and still continues to be updated (wiki).

VB.NET is what you'll get when you download the Visual Studio 2015 linked above. If you can use VB.NET then do so, but if you have to us VB6 for some reason, then it looks like this is the link you'll want.

I'm extremely sorry that you have to use VB6, but if you have any questions I will likely be able to help you as I too have had to use it for the past three years!

Re: copy of it, ask your teacher if they have a license/install disk for it, my school had a bunch that they would give out if requested. Other than that, there isn't really any other way we can help you as I do not believe Microsoft offers any downloads of it anymore. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB