Computer has no internet! Missing networking protocals??!!??

blubbered

Help me please, my desktop (which I am not using to write this) says it has no internet. I've tested the router with other devices, and thats definitely not the problem. I've tried using a dedicated networking card, updated the drivers, but still no internet! Just an Ethernet connection! After trying what google suggests, I've found windows saying it's missing networking protocals, but windows can't seem to fix. I've tried all the fixes I can find on the first page of google search results, so does anyone have any suggestions???

(And I'd rather not reset windows if I can help it)

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

restart your router, i had the problem yesterday

I'll give it a go, but I'll be gone for a few minutes lol!

This  is most liekly on a windows 10 machine right? This is a really common problem i have spotted at least 10 times its awful to deal with. For me once was reinstalling drivers for the network card. On another machine it turned out to be the wiring to the patch panel and the plug in the wall were different so i had to rewire the keystone. Restart and reinstall everything until you get it fixed, try running linux on it maybe and see if that changes anything.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

2 minutes ago, Luc401 said:

This  is most liekly on a windows 10 machine right? This is a really common problem i have spotted at least 10 times its awful to deal with. For me once was reinstalling drivers for the network card. On another machine it turned out to be the wiring to the patch panel and the plug in the wall were different so i had to rewire the keystone. Restart and reinstall everything until you get it fixed, try running linux on it maybe and see if that changes anything.

Yep, windows 10

Tried resetting windows. Any specific suggestions now?

1 hour ago, Luc401 said:

reinstall network drivers, sfc /scannow in cmd , go into device manager find the network card and see what info you can find there. My old network card use to say what was wrong with the connection on my Asus ROG board.

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t