i7 6700k OC Voltage question

So recently switched to i7 6700k from AMD 8350. My question is currently using x47 multiplier with adaptive for voltage and on load it goes up to 1.520-1.536v and it is stable and temps are get around 71c on load, is this okay? When I try to set a voltage of say like <1.420 I blue screen on loads.

1 minute ago, eman420x said:

So recently switched to i7 6700k from AMD 8350. My question is currently using x47 multiplier with adaptive for voltage and on load it goes up to 1.520-1.536v and it is stable and temps are get around 71c on load, is this okay? When I try to set a voltage of say like <1.420 I blue screen on loads.

Even 1.4 is really high. I say go full manual on your overclock and mess around with the settings that way. It's possible you just got a bad chip that needs a 9V battery wired directly to the contacts to get the chip to go above 4.5ghz or something, but 1.4 volts is way too high. Try setting it to 1.2V and see how much of an overclock you can get out of that.

ASU

yeah man. the safe voltage range for a 6700k is around 1.35 volts, what cooler are you using to cool it with?

13 minutes ago, Bigheart said:

yeah man. the safe voltage range for a 6700k is around 1.35 volts, what cooler are you using to cool it with?

Kraken X60 280mm

2 hours ago, eman420x said:

Kraken X60 280mm

what motherboard? shoulda asked this earlier. sorry. 

9 minutes ago, Bigheart said:

what motherboard? shoulda asked this earlier. sorry. 

Asus Sabertooth Z170-S

43 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Even 1.4 is really high. I say go full manual on your overclock and mess around with the settings that way. It's possible you just got a bad chip that needs a 9V battery wired directly to the contacts to get the chip to go above 4.5ghz or something, but 1.4 volts is way too high. Try setting it to 1.2V and see how much of an overclock you can get out of that.

36 minutes ago, Bigheart said:

1.35v is only the beginning of "safe voltage" range for a 6700k, the architecture & way the CPU handles voltages compared to Haswell is completely different.  

There's no longer any Cache voltage, the Cache gets it's voltage from VCORE now, thus higher VCORE is needed at times.  ASUS recommends a max 1.4v if stress testing, 1.42v if stress testing with good watercooling, and 1.45v if good cooling + no stress testing. 

Skylake runs MUCH cooler at these "high" voltages compared to Haswell as well.

I wouldn't recommend running much past 1.42v without a GOOD cooler & a delid however, temps start to really get toasty past ~1.4v.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Getting ready to run some stress test, got 4.7 with 1.375

New question once I have found a voltage how do I go about setting a adaptive setting?