Different monitors looking ok together??

1_thing
Go to solution Solved by Bl00dgod,

the race/fps games look smoother on 144hz if your rig is able to output that framerate, keep in mind your GPU has to do 3x1080p ( 5760x1080 )

if your framerate drops below the rate of your display you'll need gsync to get it smooth again

pairing it with 2 other displays with a 60hz should be possible but i dont know how "good" the surround vision is with the different hz rates

IMO i'd "collect" some money and get a nice ( if you like curved ) 34" 1440p with like 100hz or the new acer/asus maybe have a higher rate and play on 1 display

thats less load for your GPU and 34" has a good size for a immersive game feeling and a great space if you want to work on it

you could browse the web @1_thing for a "used" 34" ;) sometimes retailers used them a few days on a fair and dont need/use them anymore after that event

with some luck you could get a >1grand display 34" 1440p >60hz  way cheaper then

got myself a nice aoc 34" IPS for like 50% that way even if its only 60hz i like gaming on it

So at the moment I have one of these (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Predator-GN246HLBbid-24-inch-Monitor/dp/B00IG0Z0HY) and I freaking love it the 144hz is so smooth and looks great for dirt rally which I'm getting into!

For dirt rally a 3 monitor setup would be amazing because you really get the surround and peripheral vision! however my monitor is rather expensive.

Would it be possible to pair it with 2 1080p 60hz monitors and look okay? Or will I have to buy 3 of the same for it to look good? 

thanks in advance

thing

the race/fps games look smoother on 144hz if your rig is able to output that framerate, keep in mind your GPU has to do 3x1080p ( 5760x1080 )

if your framerate drops below the rate of your display you'll need gsync to get it smooth again

pairing it with 2 other displays with a 60hz should be possible but i dont know how "good" the surround vision is with the different hz rates

IMO i'd "collect" some money and get a nice ( if you like curved ) 34" 1440p with like 100hz or the new acer/asus maybe have a higher rate and play on 1 display

thats less load for your GPU and 34" has a good size for a immersive game feeling and a great space if you want to work on it

you could browse the web @1_thing for a "used" 34" ;) sometimes retailers used them a few days on a fair and dont need/use them anymore after that event

with some luck you could get a >1grand display 34" 1440p >60hz  way cheaper then

got myself a nice aoc 34" IPS for like 50% that way even if its only 60hz i like gaming on it

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/