Problem with my P8 Lite: slow wifi speed, happens with one router only

Hello!!

As i wrote in the title i'm experiencing slow wifi speed with my P8 Lite.

I've done some tests myself and i've noticed these things (speed tests have been made with SpeedTest App and on their page for the test with the PC connected via Ethernet Cable):

-This problem happens only with my TP Link W8960N router, it goes around 4/4.60 Mbps while with Ethernet Cable i get around 15 Mbps (i have a 20Mbps connection and i get around 19 Mbps from the router config page. Quite shitty compared to the rest of Europe and the world but here in Italy i can consider myself lucky :D ). I've tried an old Zyxel P660HW-D1 and i got around 14.70 Mbps speed. After that i was wondering if it could be an issue related to the TpLink so i tested the speed with my old Galaxy S2 and it reaches about 15 Mbps speed. This happen to be an issue between the Tp Link and my P8 Lite then

-I've been having this issue for quite some time, and at first i thought it had to be a Router's issue, so i began fiddling with the settings in its config page. After some tries i saw that changing some settings like putting it to 11n mode only or setting the bandwith to 20Mhz instead of 20/40Mhz made the phone go at around 15 Mbps, but then after a short while it went back to 4Mbps

I really don't know what to try at the moment, it looks like there is some sort of incompatibility between the TPLink router and my device but i don't see how to solve it, and also it began showing up only in the last few months, i bought the phone in August and it all went smooth at the beginning, now i honestly can't remember when it started acting like this

Did anyone experience a similar issue with the P8 Lite or ony other device? If yes any hint on a possible solution that doesn't consist in buying a new router would be fine :)

Thanks for the help in any case, and please suggest me if it's better to move the thread to the Networking section

Hello!!

I seem to have found the issue!!

Apparently my phone doens't go well with the Router's Wireless N mode!! Fiddling with the settings i discovered that if i set it to wireless bg it goes up to 15 Mbps, but if i set it at Wireless bgn or wireless n only it drops to 4 Mbps

Sent an email to Huawei's Support Center about that, let's see what they answer
I will try to borrow another Wireless N router for the moment so i can try to understand if it behaves this way only with this one or if the issue is with the phone

• 1 year later...

SOLVED FOR ME

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was having the same problem (Italy, P8Lite, slow wifi).

The connection an all my other devices was fine (PC connected through ethernet, google chromecast, two samsung s2, another huawei of my mother-in-law).

Anyway: my solution was simply TURN OFF THE BLUETOOTH

I know it may sound strange, but it fixed the wifi speed: I was barely unable to play 144p videos on youtube, after I turned off the bluetooth I was again able to play 720p without any buffering.