PS3 connected to Monitor no Audio

Go to solution Solved by Whiskers,

Check your PS3's audio output settings and ensure that it's outputting over HDMI.

It does not always automatically detect your setup, and can stick with previous settings.

I recently revived my PS3 for GTA 5 and I want to play it on my Monitor, when I connected the ps3 the video is fine but there were no sound coming from it.

the monitor that I have is

LG IPS234V(http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_1195_700_705&item_id=050333)

this monitor has a headphone jack on the back

I'm using the HDMI for my ps3 and the DVI for my PC.

"Never invest money you're not willing to lose." -ImplyingImplicati0ns

Check your PS3's audio output settings and ensure that it's outputting over HDMI.

It does not always automatically detect your setup, and can stick with previous settings.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I don't want to ask the stupid questions, but it's happened to all of us. Did you make sure that the volume in the monitor settings is set to something decent and it's not on mute?

Spoiler

The monitor doesn't have speakers...

My flatmate has it I can confirm that, I was very thrown off at first.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

The monitor doesn't have speakers...

It has A headphone jack at the back.

It has A headphone jack at the back.

That doesn't mean it has speakers, that is just a pass through

I don't want to ask the stupid questions, but it's happened to all of us. Did you make sure that the volume in the monitor settings is set to something decent and it's not on mute?

The monitor doesnt have a speaker Im using a headphones.

That doesn't mean it has speakers, that is just a pass through

I connected a headphone to it.

I tried connecting my pc over hdmi and my headphone works in the jack.

Check the sound settings of your PS3 and make sure it's set to HDMI.

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

Check the sound settings of your PS3 and make sure it's set to HDMI.

Well I feel stupid, I forgot to check there because when I connect my ps3 to my TV the sound works right away.

This reminds me sadly of the fact that my son's monitor which was a good buy at the time for a 1080p 2 ms response time has no audio / speakers despite having an HDMI connection. :Z

I would have bought him the Logitech 5.1s I saw on sale for $67 or so for him this week but don't have money for that kind of purchase right now.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S