Sennheiser PC 363D vs Game One

Milesgaming

I am currently unable to decide between getting the PC 363D, without an extra sound card, or the Game One, with a dedicated soundcard.

In Sweden right now, the 363Ds are literally the exact same price as the Game One. If I were to go for the Game One, I'd buy a dedicated soundcard for it, which is around 30 USD in my country, making the headset overall 30 USD more expensive basically.

I really don't know what to do - is it worth it spending the extra money on the dedicated sound card for the Game One, or is the 363Ds USB soundcard good enough?

I've googled this topic for days, but I can't seem to find a solid answer since it seems that there is a big price difference in the countries discussed in the topics.

Thanks.

the soundcard that comes with the headset should be fine, but you can get better headphones(no mic) for the money and get a microphone separately if you are concerned with sound quality

6 minutes ago, Milesgaming said:

I am currently unable to decide between getting the PC 363D, without an extra sound card, or the Game One, with a dedicated soundcard.

In Sweden right now, the 363Ds are literally the exact same price as the Game One. If I were to go for the Game One, I'd buy a dedicated soundcard for it, which is around 30 USD in my country, making the headset overall 30 USD more expensive basically.

I really don't know what to do - is it worth it spending the extra money on the dedicated sound card for the Game One, or is the 363Ds USB soundcard good enough?

I've googled this topic for days, but I can't seem to find a solid answer since it seems that there is a big price difference in the countries discussed in the topics.

Thanks.

I think they are basically both the same, if you have bad on board audio get the 363D ones. If you have great on board audio, get the GAME ONE.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

7 minutes ago, chicksoup said:

the soundcard that comes with the headset should be fine, but you can get better headphones(no mic) for the money and get a microphone separately if you are concerned with sound quality

True, like a hd598/m50x and modmic/snowballICE

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

9 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

True, like a hd598/m50x and modmic/snowballICE

No the HD 558 sound just like the 598 and the m50x is shit for gaming since they have no soundstage at all.

15 minutes ago, chicksoup said:

No the sound card is not as good as onboard, if his onboard is okay.

19 minutes ago, Milesgaming said:

SNIP

Since you are looking at open headsets I would recomend open headphones and then add a mic.

How much are you willing to spend? You wont need a sound card or a dac and amp, if you want to know more about amps and dac read my post about them in my signature.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

19 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

How much are you willing to spend? You wont need a sound card or a dac and amp, if you want to know more about amps and dac read my post about them in my signature.

I'm looking to spend around 200 USD. Preferably I'd like to have surround, as I play CSGO and games which are sound-relying.

Also, regarding my onboard audio, I am not sure how good it is.

I have an MSI Z87 G45 Motherboard. Would the onboard audio be good enough?

4 minutes ago, Milesgaming said:

Also, regarding my onboard audio, I am not sure how good it is.

I have an MSI Z87 G45 Motherboard. Would the onboard audio be good enough?

It seems fine, you don't seem to have many usb ports so i would go for the one that uses 3.5mm i am not sure which one but i think it is the "Game One"

1 minute ago, Sentryy said:

It seems fine, you don't seem to have many usb ports so i would go for the one that uses 3.5mm i am not sure which one but i think it is the "Game One"

Since the Game One and the 363D are the same price, which one would grant the best performance?

3 minutes ago, Milesgaming said:

Since the Game One and the 363D are the same price, which one would grant the best performance?

they are both basically the same, go for the game one

Alright, really appreciate all of the replies. One last question however, would the 363D's USB soundcard be better than my on-board audio?

3 minutes ago, Milesgaming said:

Alright, really appreciate all of the replies. One last question however, would the 363D's USB soundcard be better than my on-board audio?

Basically the same, if you aren't happy with the sound, get a  sound card in the future fore like 30$