PC Tutorial/Review needed

Just now, Needapcforschoolwork said:

Alright thanks a lot :) http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/RrqYyc

Everything checks out?

how much is a 6600?

if it gives you more performance per dollar and you can afford it, why not? :P

and you're putting a micro atx motherboard in a ATX case, no issues but you might feel like the case is too big lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

32 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

how much is a 6600?

if it gives you more performance per dollar and you can afford it, why not? :P

and you're putting a micro atx motherboard in a ATX case, no issues but you might feel like the case is too big lol

Haha I'm building the PC tomorrow with someone, and they said having the extra room not only will make it more convenient to assemble but gives room for expanding in the future 

3 hours ago, Needapcforschoolwork said:

Haha I'm building the PC tomorrow with someone, and they said having the extra room not only will make it more convenient to assemble but gives room for expanding in the future 

well true, a case will probably last a few builds :P

thats why i splurged a ton of money on my case

have fun building ;)

remember to take pics and post them at the build log :P and i might see it if im lucky

19 hours ago, Moonzy said:

well true, a case will probably last a few builds :P

thats why i splurged a ton of money on my case

have fun building ;)

remember to take pics and post them at the build log :P and i might see it if im lucky

Finished building it :D final specs: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/JvrysY . Sorry I don't have any pics right now, spent a couple hours building it :-) first PC build. Other info: 2 x Dell professional P2312H 23" Monitor dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-p2312h/pd . 1 standard compaq keyboard, 1 standard compaq mouse + mousepad. How should I customise my computer? Got the usual things like winrar, steam, battlenet, social networking, browsers, mobile device related programs. 

4 minutes ago, Needapcforschoolwork said:

Finished building it :D final specs: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/JvrysY . Sorry I don't have any pics right now, spent a couple hours building it :-) first PC build. Other info: 2 x Dell professional P2312H 23" Monitor dell.com/ed/business/p/dell-p2312h/pd . 1 standard compaq keyboard, 1 standard compaq mouse + mousepad. How should I customise my computer? Got the usual things like winrar, steam, battlenet, social networking, browsers, mobile device related programs. 

hope you enjoy it :P

im interested to know how does it fare on heartstone

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

hope you enjoy it :P

im interested to know how does it fare on heartstone

It does really well on hearthstone :) compared to this potato PC I had http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c02883454 and I use to think that computer was really good haha. I don't know much about computers, but the new pc seems great right now :-) Played some team fortress 2 too and it did fine.

1 minute ago, Needapcforschoolwork said:

It does really well on hearthstone :) compared to this potato PC I had http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c02883454 and I use to think that computer was really good haha. I don't know much about computers, but the new pc seems great right now :-) Played some team fortress 2 too and it did fine.

glad you liked it :P

if you're into a more graphical demanding game you can always pop a gpu in it later on ;)

Just now, Moonzy said:

glad you liked it :P

if you're into a more graphical demanding game you can always pop a gpu in it later on ;)

This is probably the best PC I have ever touched lol (ikr sad). I could not imagine what a GPU would do.. what do they ACTUALLY do? Do they just render the images for the CPU, so everything is quicker/better? Also, could you please reiterate what the limits of my PC are?

7 minutes ago, Needapcforschoolwork said:

This is probably the best PC I have ever touched lol (ikr sad). I could not imagine what a GPU would do.. what do they ACTUALLY do? Do they just render the images for the CPU, so everything is quicker/better? Also, could you please reiterate what the limits of my PC are?

a gpu is used to process graphics, so its especially designed to do that, thats why its so much better at graphics than a cpu

a cpu is meant for processing all sorts of things from calculation to logic comparison and sometimes graphics too, somewhat like the jacks of all trades but master of none :P

your pc is an average pc that have a decent cpu horsepower but lacking in the graphics department

but this is my opinion, a good pc is a pc that does what it is used for :P

in your case, it plays heartstone well and can help you with your schoolworks

so its a win win for you and future expansion compared to an i3 + 750Ti build

sure the i3+750Ti will win against your pc at more demanding games

but who cares, the i3 will be a bottleneck long before the i5 6400 does xD

and if you really want a higher gpu horsepower, you can always add in a gpu and go on ;)

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

a gpu is used to process graphics, so its especially designed to do that, thats why its so much better at graphics than a cpu

a cpu is meant for processing all sorts of things from calculation to logic comparison and sometimes graphics too, somewhat like the jacks of all trades but master of none :P

your pc is an average pc that have a decent cpu horsepower but lacking in the graphics department

but this is my opinion, a good pc is a pc that does what it is used for :P

in your case, it plays heartstone well and can help you with your schoolworks

so its a win win for you and future expansion compared to an i3 + 750Ti build

sure the i3+750Ti will win against your pc at more demanding games

but who cares, the i3 will be a bottleneck long before the i5 6400 does xD

and if you really want a higher gpu horsepower, you can always add in a gpu and go on ;)

yeah im wondering, how much money did I save by building it myself instead of buying a similar pc at retail price?

1 minute ago, Needapcforschoolwork said:

yeah im wondering, how much money did I save by building it myself instead of buying a similar pc at retail price?

well you probably saved around $100 price that comes with prebuilts for warranty and what not

but the whole point of custom pc isnt just about saving some $$, its about making a pc thats right for you :P

thats why its called CUSTOM

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

well you probably saved around $100 price that comes with prebuilts for warranty and what not

but the whole point of custom pc isnt just about saving some $$, its about making a pc thats right for you :P

thats why its called CUSTOM

Well I don't exactly have many needs :D but when I do need to do something, its nice to be have everything ready