Adobe Creative Cloud hits 1 million subscribers, Projects Mighty and Napoleon available in 2014

Youbetternot

Yay For adobe! Project Might and Napolean, looks like new tablets?

During today's Q3 earnings report, Adobe announced that its Creative Cloudsoftware service had passed one million subscribers since launching in June. In addition to reaching that milestone much faster than expected, the outfit officially removed the "technology exploration" label from both -shows-project-mighty-napoleon-hands-on/'>Project Mighty and Project Napoleon, and confirmed plans to release them as full-fledged products in 2014. Experience Design team lead Michael Gough and crew will work with experienced maker outfit Adonit in order to complete the pair and ship it out in the first half of next year. 

dsc05190-1370389488.jpg

Watch video and learn more at: Mighty

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

They really made a great choice moving their stuff to a subscription service at a decent price, in my opinion. I still wish they would wise up with students though and offer students a free version of some of their software the way autodesk does.

Me and some co-workers have been subscribed to CC since its launch, and we find it's a great value and a step in the right direction. Surely the cpm will accumulate to a point where buying a license would've been cheaper, but CC gives you all tweaks and updates without charging extra, and that bonus is worth a lot in the long run as far as we've seen. Congratulations on the milestone Adobe, keep it up!

Cheers,

Linus

They really made a great choice moving their stuff to a subscription service at a decent price, in my opinion. I still wish they would wise up with students though and offer students a free version of some of their software the way autodesk does.

Naw, a college student like myself get's nothing free from Adobe. We only get a discount on some of there products. Like Adobe Master Suite CS 6. $900.00 and Adobe subscription $19.95 plus tax for a year. After the year is up, the student pays the full price for the subscription witch is $49.95 plus tax

Michael Summers

CaseObsidian 900D  MOBORampage IV Extreme CPU:  i7-4960X Ivy Bridge-E 3.6GHz  RAM:: Vengeance Pro 32GB  Boot : RAID 0  840 Pro  512GB  Data:  RAID 10 WD Red  2TB PS: Corsair : AX1200 GPU:  ASUS  GTX-780 Ti

Birthday Gift from my wife - She made me order it and built it :-)

Naw, a college student like myself get's nothing free from Adobe. We only get a discount on some of there products. Like Adobe Master Suite CS 6. $900.00 and Adobe subscription $19.95 plus tax for a year. After the year is up, the student pays the full price for the subscription witch is $49.95 plus tax

Yeah I know, I'm a student myself. That's why I wish they would just do what Autodesk does and offer student versions for free. Instead most students just pirate in my experience.

Yeah I know, I'm a student myself. That's why I wish they would just do what Autodesk does and offer student versions for free. Instead most students just pirate in my experience.

You sure you can't get it for free through your school? When I went to college we got free student keys to the Master Collection through the schools partner program.

Cheers,

Linus