Can i use my Antenna for my Usb WiFi Adapter ?

Go to solution Solved by Stefan1024,

The connector standard is called SMA. You can buy an adapter. If you do something DIY you will mess up the impedance and cause problems for the receiver.

Also all powered USB hubs do regenerate the USB signal.

So hi this is my Main Question.. all in the photo.. Hope someone can answer thank you !

PHOTO #1 is the Antenna that i have..

This Antenna was From a (ISP Provider)
1.JPG.63a183e104dd879dd94c7bded77f795c.J

This is what im thinking ,,, PHOTO #2Omni-Direction-RV-WiFi-Antenna-to-Comput

Photo #3................11.jpg.cf8f065aecff0400f6133508d659d17d.

Photo # 4

this is my USB WIFI AFAPTER you can see there is a PIN on the Middle Like my Antenna Have, To connect the Two of them do i need a Specific Adapter?

So i can use my Outdoor Antenna For this USB WIFI, will it be compatible ? i want to Gain More RANGE For this USB WIFI... Thanks !

1111.JPG

1 hour ago, sanipig18 said:

Why don't you just use a PCI-e adapter with a moveable antenna? or is this not for a desktop PC?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

im using a Laptop :\  didn't indicate sorry.

2 minutes ago, sanipig18 said:

im using a Laptop :\  didn't indicate sorry.

Well, if it fits you might as well try it, if not, maybe solder on a short copper wire to bridge the connections? I've no clue if it would work, probably not

why don't you just buy a USB extension cable? Possibly a powered one, but those usually run 25 feet minimum.

If you can live with a 6 foot extension cable the signal would probably remain strong.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-USB-Extension-Cable-10-Feet/dp/B00001ZWXA

Or just buy a new USB wireless adapter.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Well, if it fits you might as well try it, if not, maybe solder on a short copper wire to bridge the connections? I've no clue if it would work, probably not

why don't you just buy a USB extension cable? Possibly a powered one, but those usually run 25 feet minimum.

If you can live with a 6 foot extension cable the signal would probably remain strong.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-USB-Extension-Cable-10-Feet/dp/B00001ZWXA

Or just buy a new USB wireless adapter.

already using a 5 meter  usb extension .. my problem is i need a Boost of Receiving Signal :\ i was thinking this is an antenna that use to receive signal so , just pop to my head maybe it can Extend my receiving Wifi Signal cause the House of my friend is a bit far from us, im getting a signal but kinda Week ... thinking about what you Said about Soldering it... hmm hmmm ... or maybe try to stick a Copper wire for awhile without Soldering it at first? and see if the signal RECEIVED is boosted(Estended)??

3 minutes ago, sanipig18 said:

already using a 5 meter  usb extension .. my problem is i need a Boost of Receiving Signal :\ i was thinking this is an antenna that use to receive signal so , just pop to my head maybe it can Extend my receiving Wifi Signal cause the House of my friend is a bit far from us, im getting a signal but kinda Week ... thinking about what you Said about Soldering it... hmm hmmm ... or maybe try to stick a Copper wire for awhile without Soldering it at first? and see if the signal RECEIVED is boosted(Estended)??

If you're having trouble with an extender, you probably just need to buy a better wireless adapter, something USB 3.0 would most likely work better, or just replace the adapter in your laptop, what's wrong with the one in your laptop?

if you're trying to game on a USB wireless device, may god help you.

Especiallyif you're trying to play dota. I don't know, maybe it's racist to assume everyone from the Philippines plays dota.

Spoiler

15 hours ago, Streetguru said:

If you're having trouble with an extender, you probably just need to buy a better wireless adapter, something USB 3.0 would most likely work better, or just replace the adapter in your laptop, what's wrong with the one in your laptop?

if you're trying to game on a USB wireless device, may god help you.

Especiallyif you're trying to play dota. I don't know, maybe it's racist to assume everyone from the Philippines plays dota.

don't play dota anymore . i play league of legends and i have a Good connection on LOL and Even dota with wireless, :D anyway buying a usb wifi is cheaper than replacing the internal wifi of my laptop its not working anymore so i prefer external.. and i just have this antenna lying around here so... i wanna put use to it..  or maybe ill just try to buy a new Usb wifi with an antenna.. and when i have it ill do a little experiment so i can use this antenna and put to use... thanks for the Tips and the Reply :D 

The connector standard is called SMA. You can buy an adapter. If you do something DIY you will mess up the impedance and cause problems for the receiver.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

3 minutes ago, sanipig18 said:

don't play dota anymore . i play league of legends

Well sorry to hear that.

Spoiler

You got my Attention there sir and i think i found what I've been looking for :D 

Untitled.png.b797a6b7b230b75fe8fcbf62acc

15 hours ago, Stefan1024 said: