Mic makes weird noises

BenneMus

When I am on teamspeak or skype my mic keeps making weird noises. My friends tell me that it sounds like a weird robot sound. One of them refered to it as wall-e having sex? I have clue on what's going on.

It happens both I am using the onboard audi on my MSI GD-65 Z87, and on my Asus Xonar soundcard. I have tried using the connectors on the motherboard and the front panel. 

When I am on teamspeak or skype my mic keeps making weird noises. My friends tell me that it sounds like a weird robot sound. One of them refered to it as wall-e having sex? I have clue on what's going on.

It happens both I am using the onboard audi on my MSI GD-65 Z87, and on my Asus Xonar soundcard. I have tried using the connectors on the motherboard and the front panel. 

I have experienced that as well on skype, not personally but it has happened to people I have talked to on skype. That is probably just Skype being shitty. What headset/headphones do you use by the way? Also buying a sound card was most likely a waste due to the fact that the GD-65 has really nice on-board audio.

Never used teamspeak so I don't have much to say about that.

Your mic has gone bad - had the same issue with a bad batch of AntLion ModMics but they replaced it fast.

Your mic has gone bad - had the same issue with a bad batch of AntLion ModMics but they replaced it fast.

I just tried being in a skype call on my laptop, have been there for 30min and hasn't happened yet.. I am going to try a few other things! Will come back with info if I figure it out.

I just tried being in a skype call on my laptop, have been there for 30min and hasn't happened yet.. I am going to try a few other things! Will come back with info if I figure it out.

Seems like you just troubleshooted your own problem it's your mic, like shear said pick up a new mic and you should be good :)