Problems with the tesoro tizona "rgb" keyboard

Kyundere

hey guys, im having some seriously annoying problems with my keyboard. My first problem is MY BACKLIGHTING DOESN'T EVEN WORK ANYMORE. Like seriously? the whole point i bought this keyboard was to have backlighting. So not only do i get gypped because of their false advertising, now they just stopped working entirely. The lighting application is terrible and clunky to use, and i can't even type unless im on pcmode. The more i own this keyboard, the angrier i get at it and this god forsaken company. I just wanted a decent quality first mechanical keyboard...

8 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

It doesn't use Cherry MX switches

An RGB mechanical kb for like $70 on Amazon

I guess you get what you pay for

yeah, false advertisement on their amazon page, AND their website, they don't even respond to the tickets i submit, they don't respond on twitter, it took them over a month for them to respond of facebook and they only said one thing, and stopped responding to me. If i had known what kind of company tesoro is, i would've stuck with logitech and gotten a g710+

1 hour ago, Kyundere said:

yeah, false advertisement on their amazon page, AND their website, they don't even respond to the tickets i submit, they don't respond on twitter, it took them over a month for them to respond of facebook and they only said one thing, and stopped responding to me. If i had known what kind of company tesoro is, i would've stuck with logitech and gotten a g710+

What is the false advertisement?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Just now, spwath said:

What is the false advertisement?

on the very first picture of the keyboard on amazon, it appears as though there is per key lighting, or at least lighting zones. There is not per key or lighting zones on the actual keyboard. the picture on THEIR WEBSITE also appears as if the keyboard has per key lighting. it says it has all of these lighting effects on it. If you go to buy the keyboard from their website through amazon, it takes you to an amazon search of tesoro, and the first listing is of a completely different keyboard, one that actually DOES have all of those lighting effects.

3 hours ago, Kyundere said:

on the very first picture of the keyboard on amazon, it appears as though there is per key lighting, or at least lighting zones. There is not per key or lighting zones on the actual keyboard. the picture on THEIR WEBSITE also appears as if the keyboard has per key lighting. it says it has all of these lighting effects on it. If you go to buy the keyboard from their website through amazon, it takes you to an amazon search of tesoro, and the first listing is of a completely different keyboard, one that actually DOES have all of those lighting effects.

Looks like you're talking about the Tizona Elite RGB  which actually does not mention anything about a customizable backlight in the spec. Note the difference to the description of the Tizona Spectrum  which does mention customizable per key backlighting. So it's not actually false advertisement at all: They said it has RGB backlight, which it does. They never said anything about customizing it, you just assumed that it was customizable.

In fact, here is someone asking about the backlighting on the keyboard on the Amazon page.  

Here is another question on Amazon about it, with even more detail.

You didn't do your research and got burned for it. Sucks to be you.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

4 minutes ago, olbaze said:

Looks like you're talking about the Tizona Elite RGB  which actually does not mention anything about a customizable backlight in the spec. Note the difference to the description of the Tizona Spectrum  which does mention a customizable backlight. So it's not actually false advertisement at all: They said it has RGB backlight, which it does. They never said that you could change it, which you assumed.

ok, so on their site, that may be correct, but even if one wanted to buy the Tizona Spectrum, you can't even buy the damn thing! if you click on the buy now button on their site, it will bring up multiple sites you can buy tesoro products from, but not only does it just lead to a search of the word "tesoro" on each of the webites, there isn't even a listing for this so called Tesoro Tizona Spectrum. The closest thing you can get to that is the tesoro Excalibur Spectrum, WHICH IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT KEYBOARD.

34 minutes ago, Kyundere said:

ok, so on their site, that may be correct, but even if one wanted to buy the Tizona Spectrum, you can't even buy the damn thing! if you click on the buy now button on their site, it will bring up multiple sites you can buy tesoro products from, but not only does it just lead to a search of the word "tesoro" on each of the webites, there isn't even a listing for this so called Tesoro Tizona Spectrum. The closest thing you can get to that is the tesoro Excalibur Spectrum, WHICH IS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT KEYBOARD.

Honestly, I'm not even sure that this keyboard is out yet:

• The only references to it are on Tesoro's own website
  • There is no driver software for it
  • Their most recent Press Release about a keyboard is the Lobera Spectrum in 2015.
  • They were showcasing the Lobera Spectrum and Tesoro Elite at Computex 2015.

Meanwhile, there is a driver for Colada Spectrum, but no mentions of its existence elsewhere.

One thing I do kind of agree on is that their website is shit. Whoever is managing it is a lazy person, since all of the Buy Now links go to the same page, which is just a collection of links to search for "Tesoro" on various websites.

Basically, if you want a detachable numberpad in RGB, you're shit out of luck.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

6 minutes ago, olbaze said:

Honestly, I'm not even sure that this keyboard is out yet:

• The only references to it are on Tesoro's own website
  • There is no driver software for it
  • Their most recent Press Release about a keyboard is the Lobera Spectrum in 2015.

Meanwhile, there is a driver for Colada Spectrum, but no mentions of its existence elsewhere.

in the little guide that they provide with the keyboard, There's a little note that says that they may add a firmware update so that there is per-key lighting. I asked them about it on facebook a while back. They said " G2NFL don't have per key customizable lighting. In website is G2SFL "  so the keyboard i bought is the g2nfl, which is the tizona elite RGB apparently. The one that they did tell me had per key lighting, was the Excalibur Spectrum. that was the last i heard from tesoro. that was also back in january. If they said that they might put up a firmware update, why in the name of christ would they just remake a new version of the exact same keyboard, but with per key customizable lighting. i bought the damn thing because i wanted fancy lighting. why the hell would they put "a different model of keyboard" as the first picture of the keyboard that i bought, if they were just going to make a "new" version. the so-called "tizona Spectrum"

71MsqV2wVoL._SL1500_.jpg

1 minute ago, Kyundere said:

in the little guide that they provide with the keyboard, There's a little note that says that they may add a firmware update so that there is per-key lighting. I asked them about it on facebook a while back. They said " G2NFL don't have per key customizable lighting. In website is G2SFL "  so the keyboard i bought is the g2nfl, which is the tizona elite RGB apparently. The one that they did tell me had per key lighting, was the Excalibur Spectrum. that was the last i heard from tesoro. that was also back in january. If they said that they might put up a firmware update, why in the name of christ would they just remake a new version of the exact same keyboard, but with per key customizable lighting. i bought the damn thing because i wanted fancy lighting. why the hell would they put "a different model of keyboard" as the first picture of the keyboard that i bought, if they were just going to make a "new" version. the so-called "tizona Spectrum"

71MsqV2wVoL._SL1500_.jpg

Don't be so hasty, they are clearly not the same keyboard:

• Tizona has a detachable numpad and Kailh switches.
  • Excalibur is a fullsize keyboard with Kailh switches.
  • Colada is a Cherry MX keyboard with an aluminum housing.
  • Lobera is basically an Excalibur with extra functionality and a built-in wrist rest

Just now, olbaze said:

Don't be so hasty, they are clearly not the same keyboard:

• Tizona has a detachable numpad and Kailh switches.
  • Excalibur is a fullsize keyboard with Kailh switches.
  • Colada is a Cherry MX keyboard with an aluminum housing.
  • Lobera is basically an Excalibur with extra functionality and a built-in wrist rest

I'm talking about the difference of the Tizona Spectrum and the Tizona Elite RGB

2 minutes ago, Kyundere said:

I'm talking about the difference of the Tizona Spectrum and the Tizona Elite RGB

The booklets that come with a keyboard are written pre-release and they stay the same pretty much throughout the entire lifespan of the device. I would wager that they tried the firmware route, only to discover that something about it wasn't up to their expectations and thus decided to scratch that idea.

1 minute ago, olbaze said:

The booklets that come with a keyboard are written pre-release and they stay the same pretty much throughout the entire lifespan of the device. I would wager that they tried the firmware route, only to discover that something about it wasn't up to their expectations and thus decided to scratch that idea.

well since im sol, I guess ill just wait for keys to start dying on this keyboard, buy a keyboard from a company that actually knows what they're doing, burn this one and dance on its ashes

I don't get it.

You pay bottom dollar for a cheap piece of crap keyboard and then you complain that the quality isn't what you want.

You get what you pay for.

next time, pay some MONEY and buy a Ducky Shine 5, a Corsair Strafe RGB, or a Coolermater masterkeys Pro L (MX brown only at the moment however).

And with reviews like https://www.keychatter.com/2016/03/14/review-cooler-master-masterkeys-pro-l-s/ and the too many ducky shine 5 videos and Strafe RGB vids on youtube and reviews, you will know exactly what to expect.

Listen kids.

When you try to cut corners to buy something cheap, don't complain if you don't like it.  There's a very good reason most of us don't have these cheap keyboards.

The cheapest RGB keyboard you should even consider as a baseline is the E-element (Z-77) RGB keyboard, and that only has 8 colors, horrible non smooth gradients, and Outemu switches.  The Ducky/MK Disco (TKL) is much better than this...