Soundstage in gaming headphones

Cantaloupeman

So i watched some of z reviews videos and he said in his ad900x video that the ad series is more focused soundstage. In his 50$ headphone video he said the hd668b had the most exaggerated soundstage ever in a headphone. First of all is this true? And is focused soundstage better for gaming. Also if the soundstage is exaggerated does that mean everything will sound farther away than it should? Thanks so much. 

12 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

So i watched some of z reviews videos and he said in his ad900x video that the ad series is more focused soundstage. In his 50$ headphone video he said the hd668b had the most exaggerated soundstage ever in a headphone. First of all is this true? And is focused soundstage better for gaming. Also if the soundstage is exaggerated does that mean everything will sound farther away than it should? Thanks so much. 

First of take all of his videos with a grain of salt (maybe a lot of salt) second the 900x are better than the 668b for gaming and a big soundstage is really good for gaming. I dont know what he means by  exaggerated, but a bigger soundstage is better. The focused soundstage I think he means it's easier to pin point where the sound is coming from.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Thx. And if i am considering the ad series is 700x and 500x a huge difference in soundstage

1 minute ago, Cantaloupeman said:

Thx. And if i am considering the ad series is 700x and 500x a huge difference in soundstage

I dont think there is really any difference in the soundstage, but the sound signature will change and the quality of the sound will also go up a little

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

So what is the difference in sound signature?

700x: a little more bass, better highs.

Thanks so much for your help man. Now im gonna go order some headphones!!  Happy easter btw!

Just now, Cantaloupeman said:

Thanks so much for your help man. Now im gonna go order some headphones!!  Happy easter btw!

You too :) 

37 minutes ago, Cantaloupeman said:

I ordered the 700x! Now ill test my luck with the fit on my head

:)