Mouse issue: Random clicks

Bladactania

I've been having this issue with my mouse for some time on my laptop.  I get random mouse clicks, both during gaming and general use, when I'm not even touching my mouse.  It only happens when I'm using the computer in laptop mode: when it's connected to a monitor & keyboard it never happens.  At first, I thought it was because the wireless networking signal might be interfering with my wireless mouse, but even with wireless turned off and a wired connection active AND with a wired mouse (different mouse) it still occurs.  It even happens when no mouse is installed.  I've tried reinstalling drivers, different mice, disabling the track pad/built in buttons, and I've even upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Still no difference.

What could be causing this issue?

EDIT: Sorry didn't properly read. Try scanning for viruses or malware. Have you installed any new programs recently?

Just now, Bladactania said:

try disabling your touchpad, your palm might be registering clicks when you use the keyboard lol

edit: god dammit im blind D:

but i suspect its your touchpad regardless

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

I've scanned multiple times for viruses, malware, etc. using multiple methods and software. With no success.