Do I have a Bad CPU cooler mount?

FeistyGeisty

I'm running a 3570k Ivy Bridge with a Cooler Master Seidon 240M and a set of Antec Truequiet fans at Max and at around 75% load playing the division with a stream running ive gotten temps between 80-90 degrees so im leaning towards getting some new thermal compound and trying to remount it but am not sure if it's just running that hot because of load. Idle is around 35-40 and when the system is under load it has crashed on numerous occasions.

CPU Screencap.png

Ivy bridge has terrible thermal compound between the die and ihs 

And it likes to eat volts for me.

Edited by themctipers

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

I'm in the exact same boat as OP.

i5 3570K OC'd to 4.3GHz@1.232V cooled by a H100 and my temps are mid-high 80s when stress testing.

Just in case though, double check that all the screws on the block are turned down tight (but not too tight, of course). It can't hurt to try changing the thermal compound as well cause you never know. I've tried changing the thermal compound on my CPU multiple times, even with different brands, and my temps have remained pretty much the same.

I can say for sure though that if your system is crashing, then it's unstable. You need to bump up voltage (which I don't recommend, seeing how hot your CPU is already running) or turn down the frequency. Also, keep the BCLK at 100MHz - it makes things a lot simpler. I wouldn't touch it unless you know what you're doing.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Are you sure pump and fans are working? Even idles are bit high considering its AIO. You should have lower 30s idle (room temp at 20-25C).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv