What do you think?

Wolther
Go to solution Solved by Deusrex,

Not bad, the only change I would make personally (if you can squeeze another $50 in) is getting a 250 GB SSD instead of the 7200 RPM drive, and then add the storage drive along with the GPU later.

Deciding to build this for light gaming, not sure how well it would do. Wanting to game at 720p/1080p depending on the graphical intensity of the game. If you have any changes suggested it would be appreciated. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/6rxJJx

Sidenote: I plan on adding an AMD graphics card to this in the future for it to pair with the APU. Will it scale well with it or will the APU barely be beneficial afterwards?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xd3Pt6

perhaps try this then you could double sli in the future cheaply and it has the same power with just a bit more cost and usb3.0

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Not bad, the only change I would make personally (if you can squeeze another $50 in) is getting a 250 GB SSD instead of the 7200 RPM drive, and then add the storage drive along with the GPU later.

5 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/xd3Pt6

perhaps try this then you could double sli in the future cheaply and it has the same power with just a bit more cost and usb3.0

The integrated GPU  would be as good or better to just use that and then get a better GPU later.

3 minutes ago, Deusrex said:

For light gaming the speeds of the apu wwill be more limiting that the drive speeds

Just now, Deusrex said:

The integrated GPU would be about as good as this card, really. It would be as good or better to just use that and then get a better GPU later.

It most likely is the same gpu base, but itd be more economic per metaphorical fps to just double sli in the future. Since any gpu they could get for a rough $110 would be equal if not beaten by 2xR7s 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

5 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

For light gaming the speeds of the apu wwill be more limiting that the drive speeds

It most likely is the same gpu base, but itd be more economic per metaphorical fps to just double sli in the future. Since any gpu they could get for a rough $110 would be equal if not beaten by 2xR7s 

Actually I'll amend to this

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jwGQ8d

later double crossfire and add more storage but this hdd should last at least a year and the cpu cranks out more

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

It wouldn't let me delete a quote so I just rolled with it.

Anyway, it won't really help with game performance, but overall computing experience it will be much better. That's why I personally would rather have a smaller SSD than a large sniping disk. As for the GPU you're gaining nothing, it's the same or worse performance for more money. Get the integrated GPU, buy a good GPU later, even if you don't get the SSD.

1 minute ago, Deusrex said:

It wouldn't let me delete a quote so I just rolled with it.

Anyway, it won't really help with game performance, but overall computing experience it will be much better. That's why I personally would rather have a smaller SSD than a large sniping disk. As for the GPU you're gaining nothing, it's the same or worse performance for more money. Get the integrated GPU, buy a good GPU later, even if you don't get the SSD.

I've had the same issue, I just close out and re-open the page

thoughts on this one? more power, less storage but that gives way to the ssd later. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

I agree with the people who have already posted on this thread about getting an SSD. Swap out the HDD and pay a little bit more to get an SSD. If you need more storage you can throw a HDD in later with your GPU. If you get the HDD now and choose to switch to an SSD later, it'll be much more difficult to switch your OS over.

Other than that, I think the build looks pretty good if you throw in a GPU later on.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

7 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

I've had the same issue, I just close out and re-open the page

thoughts on this one? more power, less storage but that gives way to the ssd later. 

It really comes down to having a 240 as a dedicated graphics card is a waste of money. They're not even worth crossfire. Use the integrated APU, save up and get a 950 or R7 370 later on.