Your favorite video editor?

I've used something called Pinnacle Studios for a while to edit video. Recently, I downloaded the trial for Sony Movie Studio, which has many more features and tools, though it's a bit more complex.

My trial just expired, and I don't really want to use Pinnacle anymore. Sony Movie Studio is $80.00 to buy.

My main question: What is the best video editing software?

Should I buy Sony Movie Studio?

Is there an adobe product for a similar price that's better?

Software requirements (in no particular order):

• Supports GPU acceleration (I've got a GTX 970 so CUDA core support would be nice too)
  • good picture in picture tools
  • chroma key green screen
  • slow motion and fast (?) motion
  • decent interface
  • stable

NOTE: I have done extensive searches online for good editing software, that's how I found Sony Movie Studio. But I want the communities' opinions.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

2 minutes ago, Me1bourne said:

Adobe Premiere Pro CC

I was thinking about that, but its 240 dollars a year every year

Is it worth it?

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

I moved from really crappy and DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT AVS4YOU suite to Blender. If I would edit more than few videos per year, I probably would get Vegas or something like that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Filmora, blackmagic desing: davinci resolve, or simply windows movie maker live.  These are simple ones and kinda easy to use. Because I am not professional in movie editing... 

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.

9 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I moved from really crappy and DEFINITELY NOT WORTH IT AVS4YOU suite to Blender. If I would edit more than few videos per year, I probably would get Vegas or something like that.

Vegas is pretty much an upgrade to Sony Movie Studio Platinum (the one I was thinking about)

Of course, Vegas is the same price as the adobe CC ($600) so I probably won't be getting that one.

6 hours ago, CyberMist said:

Filmora, blackmagic desing: davinci resolve, or simply windows movie maker live.  These are simple ones and kinda easy to use. Because I am not professional in movie editing... 

Filmora looks... interesting. But not very professional. And like $60.

Black Magic Design Davinci Resolve, however, looks VERY nice. It appears to have a free version with most of the features of the paid ($1000) version

Windows Movie maker isn't very feature complete, but it IS free

I'll check out the free version of Davinci Resolve

4 hours ago, HPWebcamAble said:

Filmora looks... interesting. But not very professional. And like $60.

Black Magic Design Davinci Resolve, however, looks VERY nice. It appears to have a free version with most of the features of the paid ($1000) version

Windows Movie maker isn't very feature complete, but it IS free

I'll check out the free version of Davinci Resolve

I pick only ones which I have used,, there are some others which u can find via google. But I know one thing, if u want great/proffesional utility for video editing, u should try adobe after effect, sony vegas and other proffesional paid  video editors... How u get registration data is other matter. I will not tell u how get them, and u do not ask me.. If u smart enough u will find other ways... :) 

Getting old is wonderful, when you consider the alternative.