1st time custom cable sleeving shopping list

4ndromeda

So I'm in the midst of shopping for parts & tools for my new mATX Z170 system & I'm going all out with it, down to custom cables for as many of the cables as possible and I'm a little bit lost on what tools & parts I'll need to complete the job. So, I'd like to know exactly which tools I'll need and which parts, such as which cables, connectors, type of sleeving, sizes of everything. Be as detailed as you can, even if you think it's common knowledge or common sense, I'd like to gain as much information on this subject & have it contained in one, easy to access thread so I (and anyone else) can go straight to it.

Thanks to anyone who's able to help!

Shopping List

Sleeving:

Cable:

Connectors:

Tools: ATX Pin Remover, Crimper, Wire Stripper, Lighter

Other:

Hi, @4ndromeda  !

If you are going to sleeve the cables you already have you will need:

ATX Pin remover, sleeve, lighter. 4MM sleeve, you can go with heatshrink to melt the sleeve or you can use your fingers and a lighter. 

If you are going to make completely new cables you will need:

ATX Pin remover, sleeve, Crimper, ATX Terminals, Connectors, Lighter. 

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

I would also try and research the sleeving, some of it is kind of cheap/tacky which you cant really know about until you see it or speak to someone that has used it

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

14 minutes ago, modguru said:

Hi, @4ndromeda  !

If you are going to sleeve the cables you already have you will need:

ATX Pin remover, sleeve, lighter. 4MM sleeve, you can go with heatshrink to melt the sleeve or you can use your fingers and a lighter. 

If you are going to make completely new cables you will need:

ATX Pin remover, sleeve, Crimper, ATX Terminals, Connectors, Lighter. 

Hey ModGuru! Thanks for your input, I'll add those items to the list. I'll be starting completely from scratch, so I have to cut the cables & sleeve to length, strip the cables, crimp something (I forget the name of it) to the end and plug it into the connector. I've watched tutorials on how to sleeve but none of them list the exact tools & materials required for the job. 

2 minutes ago, 4ndromeda said:

Hey ModGuru! Thanks for your input, I'll add those items to the list. I'll be starting completely from scratch, so I have to cut the cables & sleeve to length, strip the cables, crimp something (I forget the name of it) to the end and plug it into the connector. I've watched tutorials on how to sleeve but none of them list the exact tools & materials required for the job. 

Oh, completely forgot to add wire stripper :)

Contact us for a quotation or a chat [Modguru shop] [Facebook] Creating the highest quality products ever

50 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

I would also try and research the sleeving, some of it is kind of cheap/tacky which you cant really know about until you see it or speak to someone that has used it

I hear PET is very popular due to its ease of use when working with it, so I think I'll go for that. Now I need to find a good online shop to get the sleeving from.

8 minutes ago, 4ndromeda said:

I hear PET is very popular due to its ease of use when working with it, so I think I'll go for that. Now I need to find a good online shop to get the sleeving from.

You can check our sleeve at https://modguru.net . The supplies haven't been uploaded yet but we are selling for 0,7USD per meter. You can contact us on livechat to get more info. 

Here I have a guide in the Modding FAQ under Sleeving which goes over details on sleeving and the required tools: