Surface Pro 4 (Core M) or iPad Pro 12.9

So, a Surface Pro 4 (Core M) or an ipad pro 12.9?

I want a tablet with really good pen/pencil functionality just for doing digital sketches/drawings/doodling. Need some opinions between these two. I did check on the Surface 3 128gb model which I kinda like the size but I thought the Atom cpu might be too weak, the eMMC memory is kinda slow and it could be replaced soon. I like the kickstand and pc OS on the SP4 but reviews seem to point out average battery life and issues with sleep/hibernate still. I like the ipad pro for its pencil (really natural feeling) and seamless ability to airdrop files with my macbook and I can use a powerbank to charge it but it's kinda expensive when considering the pencil is not even included. The new ipad pro 9.7 looks good too but I'm afraid the 2gb ram might not be adequate for my usage

I have no need for any keyboard cover as I won't be doing any typing and I already have a good macbook pro for other heavy applications. Hows the pen compatibility/usability in Windows in terms of the application available? 

Post your opinions guys. Please keep it impartial.

If I were you I would go for the Surface, because of the wider range of software you can use. On the iPad you are very much limited to simple programs whereas you have the potential on the surface to use far more capable programs like Illustrator, Inkscape, etc... I haven't used the Apple pencil, but using the pen on my boss' surface book feels pretty precise and natural.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

1) Windows mobile platforms aren't mirrors of the computer OSs, just so you aren't mislead by the great amount of likeness. 

2)You can always use google drive instead of airdrop or even this https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/storage-files-and-folders/share-files-on-a-home-network-old

3)I grew up with a palm pilot, but I think the pencil features for the pretty much on par with apple

However, as much as I disapprove of apple, if you use a mac and no windows pc then I would say go with the apple just for compatibility. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

12 minutes ago, tcolecruz said:

If I were you I would go for the Surface, because of the wider range of software you can use. On the iPad you are very much limited to simple programs whereas you have the potential on the surface to use far more capable programs like Illustrator, Inkscape, etc... I haven't used the Apple pencil, but using the pen on my boss' surface book feels pretty precise and natural.

I agree on the software but then again I wont be using any intensive graphics programs anyway. 

11 minutes ago, RedWulf said:

1) Windows mobile platforms aren't mirrors of the computer OSs, just so you aren't mislead by the great amount of likeness. 

2)You can always use google drive instead of airdrop or even this https://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/storage-files-and-folders/share-files-on-a-home-network-old

3)I grew up with a palm pilot, but I think the pencil features for the pretty much on par with apple

However, as much as I disapprove of apple, if you use a mac and no windows pc then I would say go with the apple just for compatibility. 

1) I actually have Windows phone so I do know the differences between the Windows OS 

2) Does this work between Windows and OSX? Is it over internet or just wifi because my internet upload speed is really slow.

3) I agree. I've tested both pen/pencil and tbh I kinda like the Apple pencil more but the SP4 pen has interchangeable nibs and so much cheaper.

The SP4 core M is about 80 quid cheaper than the ipad pro 32gb here btw. Should be a no brainer but I still want to hear some opinions on them.

6 minutes ago, atrash said:

2) Does this work between Windows and OSX? Is it over internet or just wifi because my internet upload speed is really slow.

Home groups and window file shares are over wifi and only for windows and are pretty much the standard for multi-window users. However, I believe there are power user options to exchange with apple if it is vital. 

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

1 minute ago, RedWulf said:

Home groups and window file shares are over wifi and only for windows and are pretty much the standard for multi-window users. However, I believe there are power user options to exchange with apple if it is vital. 

Yeah I use a macbook pro/OSX as my main pc. I guess I have to start using usb flash drive to transfer files if I get the SP4.

Just now, atrash said:

Yeah I use a macbook pro/OSX as my main pc. I guess I have to start using usb flash drive to transfer files if I get the SP4.

Well that, google drive, a usb bridge, or net work storage OR try something like this

http://www.howtogeek.com/191116/how-to-share-files-between-windows-mac-and-linux-pcs-on-a-network/

http://etc.usf.edu/techease/mac/files-sharing/how-do-i-share-files-between-macs-and-pcs-over-a-network/

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567]