New Router

Bam

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am looking for a new wireless router and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or a decent site that had some good reviews.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Bam said:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I am looking for a new wireless router and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or a decent site that had some good reviews.

Thanks!

budget?

I can recommend this becuase I have it

http://www.amazon.com/RT-AC66U-Dual-Band-Wireless-AC1750-Gigabit-Router/dp/B008ABOJKS/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1458837381&sr=1-3&keywords=asus+router

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Budget and uses? 

A $250 asus will kick ass with dual bands, high speed, usb3.0s, and 8 ports

or

a $50 Linksys will suite a small home

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

Asus are all right but the firmware is lacking in some features.  

Linksys (now Belkin, formerly Cisco) is the worst firmware I've see in a Long time. 

Netgear has the best firmware and hardware for the price they offer but the GUI is a bit of a pain to navigate but is still the best.

IMO I'd get a R7000. It has the best third party support and does what you need if you don't plan on running 20+ AC clients.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

2 minutes ago, AdamIsaacLang said:

Asus are all right but the firmware is lacking in some features.  

Linksys (now Belkin, formerly Cisco) is the worst firmware I've see in a Long time. 

Netgear has the best firmware and hardware for the price they offer but the GUI is a bit of a pain to navigate but is still the best.

IMO I'd get a R7000. It has the best third party support and does what you need if you don't plan on running 20+ AC clients.

Have you ever used a asus router?

My uncle has the R7000 and I have the RT-AC66U.

The Asus web interface is much cleaner and very powerfull.

It still gets regular updates that add new functionality, like a mobile app to manage the router.

It even has stuff like a virtual DNS, network attaged storage/printing, tracert from the router itself, QOS and live network usage graphs.

Desktop: Intel i9-10850K (R9 3900X died 😢 )| MSI Z490 Tomahawk | RTX 2080 (borrowed from work) - MSI GTX 1080 | 64GB 3600MHz CL16 memory | Corsair H100i (NF-F12 fans) | Samsung 970 EVO 512GB | Intel 665p 2TB | Samsung 830 256GB| 3TB HDD | Corsair 450D | Corsair RM550x | MG279Q

Laptop: Surface Pro 7 (i5, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD)

Console: PlayStation 4 Pro

The router is for home use, gaming video streaming and general web use.  I don't want to say I don't have a budget, but I am open to cost if I am getting good features and things.  We have 2 story home and basement.

2 minutes ago, mathijs727 said:

Have you ever used a asus router?

My uncle has the R7000 and I have the RT-AC66U.

The Asus web interface is much cleaner and very powerfull.

It still gets regular updates that add new functionality, like a mobile app to manage the router.

It even has stuff like a virtual DNS, network attaged storage/printing, tracert from the router itself, QOS and live network usage graphs.

Just because the GUI is more beautiful does not mean what's happening behind the curtain is in any way better. 

The R7000 can route a lot more than a RT-AC66U and has had far fless security bugs than the Asus firmware.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!