Would anyone like a tutorial on how to drill a hole in a cpu?

Sentryy

Yeah!!!!!!

I tried last week with 5 brand new Xeon 2699 V3 CPUs and I wasn't capable.

Please do it, it's always been my wish to do it since I was a child.

16 minutes ago, ElMachoBurg said:

Yeah!!!!!!

I tried last week with 5 brand new Xeon 2699 V3 CPUs and I wasn't capable.

Please do it, it's always been my wish to do it since I was a child.

I made the tutorial, it is here

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

2 minutes ago, CommanderRykerHaunSolo said:

Be careful with older ceramic package chips, like the P3 I believe, they can crack and explode, you need to drill them like you would a piece of glass

I used xeons from 2009 but yeah this is something to consider.

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

Well, I still have an old P4, that is still functional and sitting in its board. I guess it would look pretty slick on a keychain, e.g. for car keys - but I don't know if I can bring myself to destroy my first real cpu... :'(

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

22 minutes ago, Speakerator said:

Well, I still have an old P4, that is still functional and sitting in its board. I guess it would look pretty slick on a keychain, e.g. for car keys - but I don't know if I can bring myself to destroy my first real cpu... :'(

It has been posted.

10 hours ago, Sentryy said:

It has been posted.

I know, this was more regarding the overall idea^^

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

A guide to finally kill my Pentium 4 631? Yes please!!!! (couldn't fry it by overvolting it, overheating it past 130oC or putting it into the modded socket the wrong way)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

2 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

A guide to finally kill my Pentium 4 631? Yes please!!!! (couldn't fry it by overvolting it, overheating it past 130oC or putting it into the modded socket the wrong way)

Posted in the Guides and Tutorials section!