Will a i5 4670k bottleneck a gtx780?

Navin

I didn't say your point was incorrect. It's perfectly correct, the reasoning is what I had problem with :D

Oh wait I actually just realised what you mean with price ranges!

If they're in the similiar respective price range for that category; is what I should've said  :rolleyes:

PS: Quite a sad day for the PC master race, those console peasants play with GTA like fools whilst we twiddle our thumbs... Nevertheless once it reaches us we will mod the sh*t out of it!

I'm the one who overclocks.

CPU: i5 2500k w/CM Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO OC'd@4.2GHz RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB  MOBO: Intel Burrage DP67BG GPU: MSI GTX770 Twin Frozr 2GB HDD: 2x Seagate 2TB Barracuda PSU: Gigabyte ODIN 550W

Oh wait I actually just realised what you mean with price ranges!

If they're in the similiar respective price range for that category; is what I should've said  :rolleyes:

PS: Quite a sad day for the PC master race, those console peasants play with GTA like fools whilst we twiddle our thumbs... Nevertheless once it reaches us we will mod the sh*t out of it!

Damn straight... let the peasants have their fun, how else would Rockstar sell any games for consoles if they released them for the PC at the same time. :)

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

yes your 780 will be bottlenecked by a 4670k, if you are going to run anything over a 760 you need at least a 4930k.

jks aside you will be fine. every component in you system is holding back performance in some way and the only way to get around this is to overclock the snot out of it.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

well if it does I chose the wrong GPU/CPU combo D :

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

Go ahead and get your i5-4670K http://amzn.to/167PGMI and GTX 780 SC http://amzn.to/185MPUn They will work quite well together without a bottleneck issue.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans