NF-F12 or Silent Wings 2

Gary7
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

SW2'S are quieter and better as case fans. They're also cheaper from places other than Amazon. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-case-fan-bl030

So I sit so near my computer which makes fan volume a big issue at gaming load.

I have a Silencio 652S with all case fans (silencio fans (non-PWM))running at 7v, which I have a feeling is pretty much like having no fans atall. But the only other alternative is running them at full whack.

I also have a hyper212 evo which does get a little noisy at load when gaming.

So basically I need 4 pwm fans and I cant decide between the bequiet! or noctua fans. With great silence comes worse cooling, but with better cooling comes less noise.

The BQ fans are also about $13(£7) more per fan than the NF-F12

NF-F12 Amazon

Silent Wings 2 Amazon

Anyone care to chime in? 

i have both of those fans in my system

2x silent wings on my cooler

1x nf-f12 as intake

the noise level of the noctua (with LNA) under full load is very noisy, but the silent wings stayed silent, i can barely hear them tbh

so i recommend the silent wings, but if they cost double as much, i guess its up to you if the silence is worth it

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

10 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

So I sit so near my computer which makes fan volume a big issue at gaming load.

I have a Silencio 652S with all case fans (silencio fans (non-PWM))running at 7v, which I have a feeling is pretty much like having no fans atall. But the only other alternative is running them at full whack.

I also have a hyper212 evo which does get a little noisy at load when gaming.

So basically I need 4 pwm fans and I cant decide between the bequiet! or noctua fans. With great silence comes worse cooling, but with better cooling comes less noise.

The BQ fans are also about $13(£7) more per fan than the NF-F12

NF-F12 Amazon

Silent Wings 2 Amazon

Anyone care to chime in? 

LTT edition fans from noctua and bequiet fans look better than the original noctua fans

SW2'S are quieter and better as case fans. They're also cheaper from places other than Amazon. http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/be-quiet-case-fan-bl030

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.