Network acting strange

Hello,

Recently, we upgraded from a simple ADSL connection to a coax connection, and with that much higher speeds. (19/2 @ Tele2 to 200/20 @ Ziggo :) )
At first our only problem was a faulty router limiting the speed and quality of the connection, so we replaced that with a different one.
We went about 2 months without any issues, but since a week we keep getting more and more connection failures (browser states that there is a DNS problem). They're very short outages but they're annoying nonetheless.

Is there any way to fix this? Here's how the network is set up:

Ethernet coming in > Coax to upstairs area > ISP Modem/router > 20 meter Cat5e cable to back room > TP Link Archer C2 > 10 meter Cat5e cable to my room > TP Link TL-WDR3600

I know it's not very convenient, but it's the only way me and my room-mate can connect all our devices without disturbing my landlord's devices. There are no conflicts in the network, i have access to everything (My landlord asked me to do all the networking) and i can't think of anything that could be wrong, yet we experience this.

Any help is much appreciated.

If you're getting DNS issues, you could try setting the router's DNS servers manually. I personally use Google's severs (8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 for secondary). 

13 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

If you're getting DNS issues, you could try setting the router's DNS servers manually. I personally use Google's severs (8.8.8.8 for primary and 8.8.4.4 for secondary). 

and why these DNS'es ? how this solve the problem and what are benefits ( i am curious aswell ;P)?

CPU i5 6600k 4,4Ghz , COOLER Dark Rock 3 from BQ, RAM 16 GB of ddr 4 2800MHz from corsair,

PSU EVGA 750 W GOLD G2, MOBO Msi z170A Gaming M3, CASE NZXT H440 Black/Blue,

GPU Geforce GTX 980 Gigabyte G1 Gaming,

STORAGE 1 SSD Samsung 850 Evo 250 GB and 1 HDD 500GB WD, Windows 8.1.

38 minutes ago, manofsteel said:

and why these DNS'es ? how this solve the problem and what are benefits ( i am curious aswell ;P)?

Going to copy what I replied to you into this thread as well, for OP. 

DNS (Domain Name System) is basically a system that associates domain names with various bits of information. Primarily, it is the system that translates domain names (such as linustechtips.com, google.com and so on) into the IP address that the domain name is associated with. The primary use for it is that it's easier to remember domain names than it is IP addresses. 

As for DNS servers, it's just the server that is used to check the domain name. While the list of domain names and IP addresses is actually very simple, the sheer number of domain names in the server's database, and the amount of requests that are coming in can make DNS servers slow. Depending on the time you mainly use the internet (peak or off-peak times), your physical location and various other factors, changing your DNS servers from your ISP's ones to different ones may not improve anything. However, huge companies like Google tend to have more complete DNS databases than ISPs. Because of this, there's less chance that your request will need to be transferred to another server in the event that the domain name is not on the first DNS server. There's also the matter of Google's servers generally being very reliable, with extensive backup measures in place to prevent downtime. 

You can actually bypass the need for DNS servers in some cases by adding domain names and their associated IP addresses into your local host file. For sites that you frequently visit, this can speed them up a little, as the domain name can be resolved locally, rather than going to the DNS server. In the event that one of your entries in the host file changes the domain name or IP address, it can cause issues, so keep that in mind. Generally, I wouldn't advise changing the host file unless you have an IP address in the local network that you'd rather access via domain name, or have your own server or something similar to that, where you're in control of if and when the IP/domain name changes. 

Here's an article on the host file: https://support.rackspace.com/how-to/modify-your-hosts-file/

and Google's DNS servers: https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

EDIT: Also, as for why Google's DNS: It's just my personal preference. There's plenty of good public DNS servers available, with some being specifically designed for people in a certain region for them to get the best results. I just use Google's DNS because I often get errors from my ISP's DNS and I tried Google's DNS first and it worked fine, so I stuck with it. 

48 minutes ago, beavo451 said:

Do you have all those routers set up correctly?

I think i have. None of them have conflicting IP addresses and it's pretty rare for these problems to occur, but it became more frequent since about a week. All of the DHCP is handled by the Modem.