Evaporation in custom loop?

Go to solution Solved by W-L,
3 minutes ago, Sybre said:

So I had this PC now for about 5 months now and noticed that the reservoir got a bit low from when I started. Now when I first filled the loop and bled the airbubbles I basically had to refill the res a full amount, but now months go by and I noticed that the liquid has lowered in the res than what it use to be. Now this computer has a 150m cylindrical reservoir which is considerably smaller than I was commissioned to build/ ever used. Now there are definitely no leaks in this case as I looked around carefully and see no puddles. Can this drop of liquid in my res be from air bubbles still very slowly bleeding? Or is it from evaporation? I'm using Mayhems Pastel Premixed fluid right now too, so it's a nanofluid if that helps. Thanks!

It's very possible there was small amount of trapped air in rads and it made it's way out over time, evaporation does occur but usually takes much longer than 5 months say >12 months, but it's usually recommended to change the fluid however at around a max of 12 months before that. 

So I had this PC now for about 5 months now and noticed that the reservoir got a bit low from when I started. Now when I first filled the loop and bled the airbubbles I basically had to refill the res a full amount, but now months go by and I noticed that the liquid has lowered in the res than what it use to be. Now this computer has a 150m cylindrical reservoir which is considerably smaller than I was commissioned to build/ ever used. Now there are definitely no leaks in this case as I looked around carefully and see no puddles. Can this drop of liquid in my res be from air bubbles still very slowly bleeding? Or is it from evaporation? I'm using Mayhems Pastel Premixed fluid right now too, so it's a nanofluid if that helps. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Sybre said:

It's very possible there was small amount of trapped air in rads and it made it's way out over time, evaporation does occur but usually takes much longer than 5 months say >12 months, but it's usually recommended to change the fluid however at around a max of 12 months before that. 

I would say its from air trapped as evaporation should not be that noticeable in such a short period of time 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Okay thanks guys! It makes sense plus I don't see any leaks or anything that can cause a leak so I'm not worried!

trapped air and evaporation

but just fyi, there doesnt need to be puddles for there to be a leak

stuff cna dry faster than a slow leak

jayztwocets had a bad fitting which was leaking just a few drops per day so you couldnt see any fluid puddles but his res level was continuously dropping

if you see your reservoir continuously needs to be topped off then you should check all your fittings

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

trapped air and evaporation

but just fyi, there doesnt need to be puddles for there to be a leak

stuff cna dry faster than a slow leak

jayztwocets had a bad fitting which was leaking just a few drops per day so you couldnt see any fluid puddles but his res level was continuously dropping

if you see your reservoir continuously needs to be topped off then you should check all your fittings

I already did check them ( I do every week.) I usually try to wipe it with a paper towel and check under the UV light (it's uv) and nothing  comes up. I just wasn't sure if air bubbles can last this long, but I do think that's the problem. Not to mention my loop is considerably simpler than his.