Cast to device not working

Hello,

I thought I would post a thread about this as it's been an issue for a while and I have not been able to fix it to date. 

So I have many videos and media that I'd like to stream to my tele, in my case via my Xbox One. But I have a strange issue that won't allow me to. I have tried talking to microshaft, and many other troubleshooting methods on the internet but nothing as of yet has fixed the problem. Unfortunately I only got so far with talking to Microsoft before I had to move on, I should probably give them a second chance to troubleshoot it but I don't have the patience to hear their silly suggestions.

The issue is that I cannot see my PC as a DLNA server and when I try the cast to feature, it simply times out and says an error occurred. The strange thing is if I start the stream through my laptop, from the same file, in the same PC, it works!

This leads me to believe it is an issue between the connection between the Xbox and PC, when the laptop tries it must act as a middle man.

so Desktop->Xbox won't work 

but desktop->laptop->Xbox does.

I have tried to troubleshoot this before but without any luck, wondered if anyone had any advice or has had this issue before?