Can I use copyrighted music clips in my unmonetized videos

Kingcomicbook

I just wanted to use random music clips in my crappy gaming videos. The videos are unmonetized and i have no plan to begin monetizing.

It's technically illegal, youtube offers a list of songs that you can add to your videos but you don't have the ability to edit these songs as far as I know.

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

11 minutes ago, DragonTamer1 said:

It's technically illegal, youtube offers a list of songs that you can add to your videos but you don't have the ability to edit these songs as far as I know.

It comes under fair use and YouTube offers content owners the ability to claim ownership of the song while still allowing you to use it with some restrictions (you can't monetize, they can monetize and they can view playback stats).

Of course they can be dicks and have the song removed or the video pulled if they want to.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)