Windows 10 Software Protection Service

Purplehazeffc

Hey guys.

I done a bit of googling, but can only find things on Widows 7 & 8. And it has all been changed in Windows 10.

What is with Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service

The 1st pic is of my temperature fluctuation due to this.

The 2nd pic is of CPU usage. This is all over a 15min period.

Does anyone know of a way to stop this at all???   Can't do a "End Task" As it just pops up again.

Argus.jpg

Argus%20CPU.jpg

I have tried everything so far. You can't disable the service. It is greyed out & can't change it.
Here it is in Task Manager. I did read that you need to be fully updated & the service is looking to update but can't find it.

I done a full update before I took these screen shots, so that wasn't it.

Microsoft%20Service.jpg

The service was introduced back in Windows 7, and you need this service, and should not be disabled.

If you disable it, some software will no longer work. It is used by a software that you are installed or the OS.

I would wait leave the computer idle and let it do its thing. If after several hours of idle, it isn't done, then you probably installed a software that uses the service and stuck in a infinite loop repeating the same action over and over again. At 36% it is probably using an entire core by itself on your system.

So my vote is a software you installed that has a bug under Windows 10, and stuck validating its license over and over and over again in a loop with on pause.

Cheers for that info GoodBytes.

This just keeps on going & going & going.  It has been doing for a while, but can't remember exactly when or what may have been installed.

Looks like a good time to do a clean re-install & as I'm installing software back on. Keep checking on what causes this.

Of course it may never come back..