Overclocking with Intel graphics results (Results too!)

So in some of my spare time i just decided i wanted to quantify if overclocking Intel graphics 4600 is really worth it. Short answer it isn't, but i wanted to share my experience with what i saw when changing multipliers and voltages :P

Here's the table that took me 10 hours *cough* i mean 10 minutes to make :P

(Do note that my CPU was at 4.7Ghz while running these tests :P)

Universe sandbox:
Everything is at low settings at 1080p

When the games starts

128 fps with 16 multiplier
137 fps with 12.5 multiplier
131 fps with 5 multiplier
35 fps with 1 multiplier

When the camera orbits the earth

65 fps with 16 multiplier
58 fps with 12.5 multiplier
30 fps with 5 multiplier 
10 fps with 1 multiplier

BeamNG.Drive:

Everything is at low settings at 1080p

When loading the cliff map

38 fps with 16 multiplier
32 fps with 12.5 multiplier 
12 fps with 5 multiplier
3 fps with 1 multiplier

CSGO:

Everything is at low settings at 720p 16:9

When in dust 2 CT side spawn

203 fps with 16 multiplier
192 fps with 12.5 multiplier
102 fps with 5 multiplier
30 fps with 1 multiplier

When in dust 2 T spawn (not looking down mid doors)

186 fps with 16 multiplier
179 with 12.5 multiplier
97 fps with 5 multiplier 
28 fps with 1 multiplier

Looking at a blank skybox

289 fps with 16 multiplier
282 with 12.5 multiplier
166 fps with 5 multiplier
50 fps with 1 multiplier

YouTube video:
Using a 1080p screen watching Frankieonpc's latest video at 1440p 60 fps for 20 seconds at fullscreen.

12 dropped frames at 16 multiplier
18 dropped frames at 12.5 multiplier
11 droped frames at 5 multiplier 
314 dropped frames at 1 multiplier

From my experience with this test i would say its a bit disappointing. Since the default clock for the Intel graphics is 12.5 overclocking it to 16 didn't do jack crap xD. And bananasplit can tell most of you that when playing some games with me he observed massive fan noise from my PC through my microphone. And the voltage was bumped from 0.8 volts to 1.25.

Temps were reaching 85 degrees on the package temperature mostly all the time while gaming. The extra 10 fps wasn't really worth it, so in conclusion i am sticking with the 12.5 multiplier until my GTX 970 strix arrives at my house :P.

So i hope this was a bit helpful and maybe a bit fun to read as it was fun discovering what Intel graphics can do!

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

Definitely interesting, never really thought about overclocking Intel graphics that is for sure. 

Just now, Rolfejc said:

Definitely interesting, never really thought about overclocking Intel graphics that is for sure. 

Lol that's why i did it. It's all about dat 980 Ti and 390X overclocking!!!! so i tried something a bit different :P

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x 4.9Ghz PBO    SSDs: 250GB 850 Pro           STEAM: KezzaMcFezza
GPU: GTX 1070 Strix                                     250GB 970 Pro           MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus

HDD: 1TB WD Black Drive                             500GB 860 Evo          MOUSE: Logitech G502

1 minute ago, ProKeero said:

Lol that's why i did it. It's all about dat 980 Ti and 390X overclocking!!!! so i tried something a bit different :P

I will be honest I never really thought you can even OC the Intel graphics, let alone when overclocked the graphics make a difference more than like 1-2 frames. 

Just now, Rolfejc said:

I will be honest I never really thought you can even OC the Intel graphics, let alone when overclocked the graphics make a difference more than like 1-2 frames. 

Trust me overclocking intel graphics is like pie. Dangerous but pie!

https://gyazo.com/76b063c88e067cc6ca2d9220a2b2124d

^

pie!

Just now, Rolfejc said:

This makes me honestly want to try overclocking them, although probably not much of a point really other than why not do it. 

Yea lol

This might mean something too xD

1 minute ago, ProKeero said:

Yea lol

This might mean something too xD

Yeah definitely need to keep that in mind if I decided to attempt overclocking the Intel graphics lol.