Recommendations or changes

Tubs1337

So, i'm currently compiling a list for a first time build. I'm a semi-noob at compiling lists, and this is what I have come up with for my budget. 

This list is based off a couple of my friends' preferences and what the suggested. One of my IRL friends is going to come and help me put everything together once it is all compiled. I'm running off a $1000 budget.

I'm based in the US, and plan on using it for gaming. I'm trying to upgrade as I bought a decent laptop last year, but soon realized that laptops aren't the best for gaming.

I'm still not sure if some of the compatibility in this build are correct. I'm mainly wondering if the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo will work or fit properly with the Gigabyte Micro Atx MOBO.

Without further ado, here is the list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s42Zgs

the 212 will fit. normally you dont have to worry about that with semi modern motherboards the case is a bigger concern but it will probably fit in the case also  if you dont need nvidia features go for the 390 instead of the 970

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

the 212 will fit if you dont need nvidia features go for the 390 instead of the 970

I don't plan on playing top-end games, where as I think the 970 will be better than the 390. Plus, my friend said the Nvidia features are very nice to have, especially since 2 of the games I play are supported mainly by Nvidia, and I feel it would be more beneficial to have.

Get the R9 390 instead of the GTX 970 for equal DX11 performance, better DX12/Vulkan performance.

A 750 watts power supply is a bit too much.

I updated your list with my recommended changes, and a much higher quality PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/TXGtVn

The Hyper 212 should fit just fine in a mid-tower.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

3 minutes ago, Tubs1337 said:

I don't plan on playing top-end games, where as I think the 970 will be better than the 390. Plus, my friend said the Nvidia features are very nice to have, especially since 2 of the games I play are supported mainly by Nvidia, and I feel it would be more beneficial to have.

the 390 performs slightly better than the 970 and it has 8GB of ram and amd seems to be much better in dx12 than nvidia so that gap will increase in the future. you also might want to wait for pascal and polaris.

4 hours ago, Tubs1337 said:

Plus, my friend said the Nvidia features are very nice to have, especially since 2 of the games I play are supported mainly by Nvidia, and I feel it would be more beneficial to have.

Don't believe this crap. Judge your cards by pure performance. What's the use of these "Nvidia features", if 2 years down the line your GPU can barely run the latest games?

As for GTX 970 features... there's the 3.5+0.5GB "feature". Frankly put, not everything is rosy on either side, so you're better off just comparing performance and specs. In that case, the R9 390 wins.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.