Router for 50Mbps internet connection

Me1bourne

Hi guys!

I need your help, can't decide which router should I buy.

I have  50Mbps internet connection, which will be upgraded to 300Mbps in a year, and my old router go to random reboots often.

My family has 3 Smart TVs, 2 tablets and 4 phones which are always connected to the WRT160Nv2 (almost 6 years old), and we use internet alot, because we don't have any limitations on data.

I decided, that it is time to do an upgrade.

Btw, I have router in my room, and long cable to another room where I placed noname switch to run cables in other bedrooms, just so you know if that would be helpful for any suggestions.

What I watched:

1. TP-LINK TL-WR841N

2. TP-LINK TL-WDR3600

And in my situation, with lots of devices, is there any need to buy router with 5 Ghz support?

Budget, under $100 US

Thank you for attention

2 minutes ago, Me1bourne said:

Hi guys!

I need your help, can't decide which router should I buy.

I have  50Mbps internet connection, which will be upgraded to 300Mbps in a year, and my old router go to random reboots often.

My family has 3 Smart TVs, 2 tablets and 4 phones which are always connected to the WRT160Nv2 (almost 6 years old), and we use internet alot, because we don't have any limitations on data.

I decided, that it is time to do an upgrade.

Btw, I have router in my room, and long cable to another room where I placed noname switch to run cables in other bedrooms, just so you know if that would be helpful for any suggestions.

What I watched:

1. TP-LINK TL-WR841N

2. TP-LINK TL-WDR3600

And in my situation, with lots of devices, is there any need to buy router with 5 Ghz support?

Budget, under $100 US

Thank you for attention

Pretty much all routers will meet that demand.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

4 minutes ago, JefferyD90 said:

Pretty much all routers will meet that demand.

So, 5 Ghz will make the difference?

If in suburbia, 5ghz is less necessary because the airwaves are less crowded, but you should consider 5ghz anyways for speed and not being affected by a microwave (~2.4ghz).

Anything with 802.11ac will last for a a long time, especially as you upgrade more hardware that supports it.

TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-Archer-C7-Wireless-1300Mbps/dp/B00BUSDVBQ

Since this is sold by Amazon, you can price match at any big box electronics store.

well if your internet will be upgraded to 300mbps you need a gigabit router.so  TP-LINK TL-WR841N is not an option. i recommend an ac router

look at the TP-LINK Gigabit Archer C2 . its dual band also . the more expensive option is the archer C5

6 minutes ago, s3ns3 said:

well if your internet will be upgraded to 300mbps you need a gigabit router.so  TP-LINK TL-WR841N is not an option. i recommend an ac router

look at the TP-LINK Gigabit Archer C2 . its dual band also . the more expensive option is the archer C5

But under 300mbps TP-LINK TL-WR841N is a good option?

1 hour ago, Me1bourne said:

But under 300mbps TP-LINK TL-WR841N is a good option?

yeah for how cheap it is its good