gtx 970 g1 +200$ for Sapphire R9 FURY 4G

adammilan

someone wants to trade his Sapphire R9 FURY 4G for my nvidia gtx 970 g1 +200$ and i wanted to hear opinions about this deal if i should do it or not 

Considering you can get a new Sapphire Fury for cheaper (about $520), it's not worth it. Plus, the performance improvement isn't worth the hassle and money. Wait until Pascal and Polaris if you're waiting for a upgrade.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

4 minutes ago, adammilan said:

someone wants to trade his Sapphire R9 FURY 4G for my nvidia gtx 970 g1 +200$ and i wanted to hear opinions about this deal if i should do it or not 

I wanna say the avg. selling price of a 970 is about $280 these days. Add the $200 and your effectively paying him $480. It´s a pretty even deal.

3 minutes ago, adammilan said:

Here in Australia its $519 for a GTX 970 G1 Gaming, and $795 for the cheapest Fury and R9 Nano. So it'd be a good deal, especially considering that Sapphire make the best AMD cards, and Gigabyte's GTX 970 G1 Gaming has a some flaws (small and loud fans, crap fan motors, half the vRAM on the back needlessly, they aren't actually binned-only the Extreme cards are).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

3 minutes ago, Dabombinable said:

Here in Australia its $519 for a GTX 970 G1 Gaming, and $795 for the cheapest Fury and R9 Nano. So it'd be a good deal, especially considering that Sapphire make the best AMD cards, and Gigabyte's GTX 970 G1 Gaming has a some flaws (small and loud fans, crap fan motors, half the vRAM on the back needlessly, they aren't actually binned-only the Extreme cards are).

Yep, i'd have to agree with that..

I would wait for polaris.

Otherwise it seems like a good deal for both of you.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

about polaris i heared that there are going to be new grapic cards but arent they going to be super expensive at first? i mean i think that they would the at a reachable price only in 2 years or so...does someone has a good link that explainss about the pascal and solaris?