Minecraft server issues.

Go to solution Solved by themctipers,
14 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

I am wanting to start a hamachi server so me and a friend can play FTB infinity together. I only have 8 gigs of ram but I do have another laptop. When I try to connect to the laptop server from my main pc I time out. It is on the same internet. Is there any work around or am I just not setting it up properly. Thanks for the help! :D

1. Use hamachi and run your server (edit server.config) on port: 25565

2. Turn on hamachi

3. Tell your friend your hamachi IP and tell them the port is 25565

4. You login with your 192.168.x.xxx or localhost and you friend logs in with your hamachi ip

trust me C: i ran minecraft servers before.

I am wanting to start a hamachi server so me and a friend can play FTB infinity together. I only have 8 gigs of ram but I do have another laptop. When I try to connect to the laptop server from my main pc I time out. It is on the same internet. Is there any work around or am I just not setting it up properly. Thanks for the help! :D

Shouldn't be like like 192.168.x.x to connect your computer check cmd with /ipconfig to find your local ip.

1 minute ago, RZeroX said:

Shouldn't be like like 192.168.x.x to connect your computer check cmd with /ipconfig to find your local ip.

He probably already knows his ip, otherwise he wouldnt be at this step. Make sure to turn off windows firewall on the server computer.

My native language is C++

7 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

Here are my rules for Minecraft servers (or at least two of them):

1. Run servers on Linux (no firewall to deal with unless you configure it, among other reasons).

2. Don't use Hamachi (port forwarding is just much better).

I have never had a single problem running any Minecraft servers following these rules.

Just now, JFischer00 said:

Here are my rules for Minecraft servers (or at least two of them):

1. Run servers on Linux (no firewall to deal with unless you configure it, among other reasons).

2. Don't use Hamachi (port forwarding is just much better).

I have never had a single problem running any Minecraft servers following these rules.

Sadly I don't have a machine running linux nor do I know or want to go through the trouble of port forwarding. 

14 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

2. Turn on hamachi

4. You login with your 192.168.x.xxx or localhost and you friend logs in with your hamachi ip

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, BunnyHunter67 said:

Sadly I don't have a machine running linux nor do I know or want to go through the trouble of port forwarding. 

If you used Linux, you can easily port forward with two commands:

1. sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc

2. upnpc -a <LOCAL IP> 25565 25565 TCP

UPNP may not be the best way to port forward, but it is easy to do. If you have a spare hard drive, you could throw it in the laptop and install Ubuntu Server to that.

There are some sites that are free to use and will host it for you. For example, Server.pro. You select what version of minecraft you want (You can also install things like Bukkit and Spigot if you want plugins) and then you just need to go to the control panel and renew it every hour. It works really well and saves you the hassle of setting it up for yourself and having your laptop running when you want to play. 

11 minutes ago, themctipers said:

2. Turn on hamachi

Local Host seemingly does not work because I am on separate pc's (I have a test server on my main pc and I can do local host to that but not the laptop server) I used the ipv4 that the laptops ipconfig told me plus the port (192.168.#.##:25565) and I end up timing out (yes I am connected to the laptop hamachi server) I have also tried the hamachi ipv4 plus the port and it still just times me out. Sorry but im really new to this. :P

Just now, BunnyHunter67 said:

Local Host seemingly does not work because I am on separate pc's (I have a test server on my main pc and I can do local host to that but not the laptop server) I used the ipv4 that the laptops ipconfig told me plus the port (192.168.#.##:25565) and I end up timing out (yes I am connected to the laptop hamachi server) I have also tried the hamachi ipv4 plus the port and it still just times me out. Sorry but im really new to this. :P

Want to get on skype? I can help you if you share your screen.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

Want to get on skype? I can help you if you share your screen.

I don't have skype installed on either of my computers also it would be hard because of the whole 2 computers thing. 

1 minute ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

I don't have skype installed on either of my computers also it would be hard because of the whole 2 computers thing. 

Get on your phone?

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Here is what ive done so far. 

Un zipped and got the server setup by running the bat file. and accepted the eula. 

Ran the server

made a hamachi server and connected my main pc to it. 

Set my hamachi ipv4 as the ip and the port was 25565 by default

7 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

Here is what ive done so far. 

Un zipped and got the server setup by running the bat file. and accepted the eula. 

Ran the server

made a hamachi server and connected my main pc to it. 

You connect to your host pc from your other pc using your 192.160.x.xxx and your friend uses the hamachi ip 

6 minutes ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

Do you have teamspeak?

Yes. Do you have a server?

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

13 hours ago, BunnyHunter67 said:

I always leave the server.properties ip blank, if you fill something in it will ONLY accept from that certain ip. If you leave it blank it will accept any ip.