Will this be removeable

WebPlayz

So i am thinking of getting this for my corsair spec 01 http://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-21-Inch-Dampening-Acoustic-SF01/dp/B0040JHMH6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458412625&sr=8-1&keywords=Computer+foam

a comment said that you can't peel it off once on Is this true if not how can i get it off?

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

They're designed to not come off easily... You don't want it to just fall off.

I think the main issue is that you probably can't peel it off intact, and that to get rid of any residue it's most likely that you'll need some form of solvent.

I don't own the product, just speculating.

Core i5 3570k | Nvidia GTX1070 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Samsung 850 EVO SSDs | Noctua fans FTW!

Just now, Eelviny said:

They're designed to not come off easily...

I think the main issue is that you probably can't peel it off intact, and that to get rid of any residue it's most likely that you'll need some form of solvent.

I don't own the product, just speculating.

Then whats a good sound dampting foam?

CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K | Ram: 16GB Corsair LPX 3000 DDR4 | Asus Maximus XI Hero Z390 | GPU: EVGA RTX2080 XC | 960 EVO Samsung 500GB M.2 | 850 EVO Samsung 250GB M.2 | Samsung 1TB QVO SSD | 1TB HDD WD Blue 

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 2 in 1 9370 | I7 1065G7 | 32GB DDR4 | 1TB SSD |

well it dosent look like its ment to be removed once its on there if the reviews say anything but you probably can with some force, alcohol and  the right tools, and no the alcohol isnt for getting drunk, its for desolving the adhesive :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Killstreak said:

Well, it is a good sound dampening foam - Silverstone is a good brand. I doubt you're going to find foam that's designed to be easily taken off - the idea is to "set it and forget it", and never remove it from the computer case.

If you've worried about not being able to ever get it completely off, don't worry - any form of strong alcohol (not for drinking!), methanol or white spirit should take care of the problem in seconds.

Core i5 3570k | Nvidia GTX1070 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | Samsung 850 EVO SSDs | Noctua fans FTW!

1 minute ago, Killstreak said:

That stuff isn't bad just not removable, most of the stuff out there is not designed to be ever taken off or throw out if it is. As for acoustic foam try foam factory they have some good stuff:

http://www.thefoamfactory.com/closedcellfoam/neoprene.html