Corsair Vengeance series

Insirion
Go to solution Solved by BghMc,

K70 has WASD in a special red "textured" grip and so does the keys 1 - 6.

I see alot of people recommand the Corsair Vengeance K70.

Why do people recommand the k70 over the k95?

For 10 euro more I can buy the k95 shall I do that or go for the k70?

the k95 has more macros 

CPU: Intel core i5 4670k @ 4.4ghz  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 GPU: GTX 660 Motherboard: MSI Z87M-Gaming RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4gb Black @1.6ghz Power supply: Corsair HX650 80 plus gold Storage: Adata 64GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: Corsair Obsidian 350d

never heard that before but i dont know depends on what swtiches

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

The K70 will be released with brown and blue switches soon and most people don't use the macros so they recommend the K70 (I think the macros on the K95 are useless because they are in a place that you can't really hit easily)

K70 doesn't have the macros in which most people might not use. It has the Brown and Blue switches available now. 

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I personally would prefer the K70 because I don't find myself using macros. Also money is tight lol

May the Force be with you.

K70 has WASD in a special red "textured" grip and so does the keys 1 - 6.

Aaah cool thx everyone. (first time a forum is usefull too me)

@Exyn0s

I am from the netherlands and the K70 = €125  and the k95 = €135. So the money is not a big problem here.

@BghMc

I didnt knew about the extra red buttons!. In a dutch website i use too compare all computer stuff i noticed the extra key in a picture on a album. and the k95 doesnt have it.

http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/186715/7/corsair_vengeance_k70_black.jpg

I wanted to go for the k95 because of the extra key's but I also like the extra red button 1 to 6 wich i use for skills in Final fantasy xiv. ( not for the grip but the shape )

Why do you need grip on a keyboard. I never slip my figher of a key  <_<

So i think im gonna get a k70 and then a Corsair Vengeance M95 and can always make macro's on a mouse button.

Aaah cool thx everyone. (first time a forum is usefull too me)

@Exyn0s

I am from the netherlands and the K70 = €125  and the k95 = €135. So the money is not a big problem here.

@BghMc

I didnt knew about the extra red buttons!. In a dutch website i use too compare all computer stuff i noticed the extra key in a picture on a album. and the k95 doesnt have it.

http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/186715/7/corsair_vengeance_k70_black.jpg

I wanted to go for the k95 because of the extra key's but I also like the extra red button 1 to 6 wich i use for skills in Final fantasy xiv. ( not for the grip but the shape )

Why do you need grip on a keyboard. I never slip my figher of a key  <_<

So i think im gonna get a k70 and then a Corsair Vengeance M95 and can always make macro's on a mouse button.

Oh yeh, I didn't know you played Final Fantasy.

The K70 are mainly for FPS gamers. Didn't know sorry ;P

No need to say sorry. I think the 1 to 6 buttons are great for MMO's!

I mean. who is gonna use 8,9,0,-,= for there skills you always use 1,2,3,4,5 maybe with this keyboard even the 6. i like how they curved the 1 and 6.

I wish the textured buttons also came with the k95. 

Maybe im gonna buy a k70 soon.

I think the K70 is one of the best looking keyboards on the market currently. Its not too plain and its not overly gamey. Classy! The K95 is much the same except those extra macro buttons are useless for me and just take up a lot of space.

Also, saying something is made for "FPS" or "MMO" players is bull-shit, imo. I barely play any shooters at all and mostly play MMOs and RPGs, yet I prefer the more minimal "fps" peripherals. If you have to think what to do with all the extra buttons on MMO-peripherals, don't bother with them. :)

The K70 textured keys are compatible with the K95. You can buy the key caps separately.

I'd probably still get the K70 for the key switch options.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

No need to say sorry. I think the 1 to 6 buttons are great for MMO's!

I mean. who is gonna use 8,9,0,-,= for there skills you always use 1,2,3,4,5 maybe with this keyboard even the 6. i like how they curved the 1 and 6.

I wish the textured buttons also came with the k95. 

Maybe im gonna buy a k70 soon.

Het light allemaal aan je switch. Als je k95 neemt ben je gelimiteert tot 1 switch, de rode.

Alleen is het waarschijnlijk zo dat de blue en brown switches voor k70 pas later in nederlands kopen, dus moet je lang wachten.

Weet je zeker dat je red switches wilt?

Het light allemaal aan je switch. Als je k95 neemt ben je gelimiteert tot 1 switch, de rode.

Alleen is het waarschijnlijk zo dat de blue en brown switches voor k70 pas later in nederlands kopen, dus moet je lang wachten.

Weet je zeker dat je red switches wilt?

Ja red leek mij wel prima blauw ook want die heeft dat lekker clicky gevoel en geluid.

I see alot of people recommand the Corsair Vengeance K70.

Why do people recommand the k70 over the k95?

For 10 euro more I can buy the k95 shall I do that or go for the k70?

The lighting is a big diffrience too. Thats why i did not buy k70 in silver gray for now...

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.