getting a new mobo !

OSBK

hello guys, so after using the x99 gaming 9 for long time i'm now going to upgrade to a new motherboard and a new soundcard maybe, i have 700£ so it should be quite enough, and this is the pc i have http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GYtNXL

so feel free to suggest i'm all open ears

why are you upgrading? its unnecessary. With £700 I would add a dual custom loop and have money left over, probably grab a m.2 SSD and a decent sound card with the left over £££

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

4 minutes ago, Remon Salazar said:

hello guys, so after using the x99 gaming 9 for long time i'm now going to upgrade to a new motherboard and a new soundcard maybe, i have 700£ so it should be quite enough, and this is the pc i have http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GYtNXL

so feel free to suggest i'm all open ears

that motherboard already comes with one hell of an onboard audio solution,

so i wouldnt need that sound card, but thats just me

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, stealth80 said:

why are you upgrading? its unnecessary. With £700 I would add a dual custom loop and have money left over, probably grab a m.2 SSD and a decent sound card with the left over £££

it's not realy an upgrade cause thanks to my mother my old motherboard isn't a motherboard anymore . i don't even wanna rememeber

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

that motherboard already comes with one hell of an onboard audio solution,

so i wouldnt need that sound card, but thats just me

so is that mobo enough or is there a better one ?

Just now, Remon Salazar said:

so is that mobo enough or is there a better one ?

thats one of the best...

well i suppose you can check out the MSI godlike motherboard or something along those lines lol

4 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

thats one of the best...

well i suppose you can check out the MSI godlike motherboard or something along those lines lol

i have a question, i did notice in the rampage v and msi x99a xpower an extra 4 pin molex connector, they say that's for more pcie power, how is that ? does it give more pcie lanes or what ?

7 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

The Predator X34 or PG348Q would be more of an upgrade for a PC in your league.

the one i already have is good enough i think :P i mean 165Hz  is ridiculous, plus i need a motherboard first

i have a question, i did notice in the rampage v and msi x99a xpower an extra 4 pin molex connector, they say that's for more pcie power, how is that ? does it give more pcie lanes or what ?

it provides more power to your pcie lanes so when you plug in a bunch of expansion cards in there, they dont fry your motherboard's traces or the 24-pin plug

they dont increase your pci-e lanes, they increase the available wattage to the expansion cards

as long as you dont plug more than 2 gpus in, you shouldnt have to plug the hideous molex into it, but its always good to just plug it in

3 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

it provides more power to your pcie lanes so when you plug in a bunch of expansion cards in there, they dont fry your motherboard's traces or the 24-pin plug

they dont increase your pci-e lanes, they increase the available wattage to the expansion cards

as long as you dont plug more than 2 gpus in, you shouldnt have to plug the hideous molex into it, but its always good to just plug it in

thanks for the info man, i'm thinking to get one of those two cards, i'm an msi fan so the xpower could be the one, plus my cards matchs the mobo's color. but what you think ? is the rampage v better, since i'm not the one to pay i can take anything :P

thanks for the info man, i'm thinking to get one of those two cards, i'm an msi fan so the xpower could be the one, plus my cards matchs the mobo's color. but what you think ? is the rampage v better, since i'm not the one to pay i can take anything :P

im not the best guy to ask about enthusiast class products since im a mid-range person lol

but i would say the rampage v is a great board seeing how many positive reviews are all around it

but really i doubt there's any difference between these boards unless you're the extreme type that goes LN2 with their system and what not

personally i like the MSI x99 GODlike Gaming, just because it have the metal protection around your gpu so your pci-e lanes doesnt break easily,

but thats a minor bonus lol, and shouldnt have to use it unless your card have 3 slot heatsinks or something

13 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

im not the best guy to ask about enthusiast class products since im a mid-range person lol

but i would say the rampage v is a great board seeing how many positive reviews are all around it

but really i doubt there's any difference between these boards unless you're the extreme type that goes LN2 with their system and what not

personally i like the MSI x99 GODlike Gaming, just because it have the metal protection around your gpu so your pci-e lanes doesnt break easily,

but thats a minor bonus lol, and shouldnt have to use it unless your card have 3 slot heatsinks or something

hard choice. i realy love msi but all those oc features** on the xpower drags me insane, and since the godlike carbon isn't available yet i may just wait some extra time, maybe...

Thanks a loooot man

6 minutes ago, Remon Salazar said:

hard choice. i realy love msi but all those oc features** on the xpower drags me insane, and since the godlike carbon isn't available yet i may just wait some extra time, maybe...

Thanks a loooot man

lol apparently there is