I lost my Corsair Link cable

Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
2 minutes ago, Yahfz said:

Are you sure about this? If this works just for a second it would do wonders here, i would just change the color and set all the fans to quiet mode.

I have done it before with my own H80i, just a normal mini USB to my case's front panel :P

Ok guys, i've got a H80i and i've been wondering if i could buy the corsair link cable anywhere else.

I've got this idea where i get a normal usb cable and connect it to the h80 and to my frontal usb port, could it work? lol

i9-11900K  - RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra - ROG Maximus Hero XIII - 32GB 3733 14-15-15 tRFC 260 - RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra - Custom Loop 2x 360mm/60mm rads

That's the Power cable, i need the corsair usb link cable, which makes the connection between the corsair link (software) and the h80i.

i9-11900K  - RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra - ROG Maximus Hero XIII - 32GB 3733 14-15-15 tRFC 260 - RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra - Custom Loop 2x 360mm/60mm rads

15 minutes ago, Yahfz said:

I've got this idea where i get a normal usb cable and connect it to the h80 and to my frontal usb port, could it work? lol

the link cable itself is using USB to plug in anyway, so yes it will work

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Are you sure about this? If this works just for a second it would do wonders here, i would just change the color and set all the fans to quiet mode.

So i can just get my PS3 usb cable and plug it on the h80i and on my front usb port?

1 minute ago, Yahfz said:

doesnt the link port look like this?

Spoiler

rr-20220-6big.jpg

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Yahfz said:

Yeah, it'll definitely work. A normal USB port is no different to an internal USB header, aside from being a physically different connector. 

2 minutes ago, Yahfz said:

I have done it before with my own H80i, just a normal mini USB to my case's front panel :P

You are the best Glenwing, It worked like a charm.