Intel's Skull Canyon NUC is Official: $650, Shipping In May

Tribalinius

A nice little package by Intel. I could see myself bringing that with me in a LAN party in a really near future!

Back in January, Intel had provided us with information about the Skull Canyon NUC based on a Skylake H-Series CPU (with Iris Pro Graphics). Today, at GDC 2016, Intel made the specifications official. Pricing and availability information was also provided.

The Skull Canyon NUC (NUC6i7KYK) will come in at 216mm x 116mm x 23mm, with the volume coming in at just 0.69L.

From a gaming perspective, the availability of Thunderbolt 3 enables users to add an external graphics dock like the recently announced Razer Core eGFX module.

I like the expandibility options that we can get from Thunderbolt.

Source

Intel Brochure

Current Build: SD-DESK-07

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy // PSU: SeaSonic SS-650RM // Motherboard: P8Z77-I DELUXE // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k // Cooler: Corsair H80i // RAM: Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 2X8GB DDR3 1600MHz // SSD: Crucial M500 240GB // Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SC 2GB

as a csgo player, I am interested how this does in csgo, I know that iris pro graphics are pretty capable and csgo isnt a really heavy game. Definitely something I would look into, since transporting my full tower case to crammed lan events isnt fun

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

1 minute ago, IMPERIUS said:

as a csgo player, I am interested how this does in csgo, I know that iris pro graphics are pretty capable and csgo isnt a really heavy game. Definitely something I would look into, since transporting my full tower case to crammed lan events isnt fun

Even then, if you are trully motivated, you could strap a GPU through thunderbolt and boom, you are good to go for a while. It would start to cost a lot of money but that option is there if you ever got a good video card laying around and a thunderbolt housing :).

P.S.: Let's all agree that the skull design looks tacky

Current Build: SD-DESK-07

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy // PSU: SeaSonic SS-650RM // Motherboard: P8Z77-I DELUXE // CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k // Cooler: Corsair H80i // RAM: Patriot Intel Extreme Masters 2X8GB DDR3 1600MHz // SSD: Crucial M500 240GB // Video: EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SC 2GB

38 minutes ago, Tribalinius said:

Even then, if you are trully motivated, you could strap a GPU through thunderbolt and boom, you are good to go for a while. It would start to cost a lot of money but that option is there if you ever got a good video card laying around and a thunderbolt housing :).

P.S.: Let's all agree that the skull design looks tacky

yee. tho i wonder how much of a performance and price difference there would be if you built an itx rig with like an i3 and a 750ti, gotta research that first and then i can make up my mind

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

3 hours ago, IMPERIUS said:

Csgo for lan can be played on a laptop..

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM