Wireless card or GPU in top PCI-E slot?

Mr Robot

So i was looking to buy my first PC and I've heard that you should put your GPU in the top slot for maximum performance but because my wireless router is too far from my room i will be buying a PCI-E wireless card and so i was wondering if i should put my wireless card in the top PCI-E for max speed or put the GPU in the top PCI-E for max performance

this is the Wireless card http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007GMPZ0A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

this the GPU http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0142LN38S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

thanks in advance

CPU: Intel Core i5 6400 ~ ASUS GTX 950 OC STRIX GB ~

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 16GB dual channel 

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-H170-HD3 ~ SSD:HyperX Savage 240GB  ~  PSU: Corsair CX550M

~ MOUSE: Logitech G700s ~ KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow tournament

HEADPHONES: Focousrite HP60  ~ MIC:Focusrite CM25 ~ A.I: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 ~ MONITOR: Asus VC239H 23-inch IPS Monitor ~ CASE: Fractual Design define R4  ~ Corsair MM300 Medium

i'm following this question and also have a similar question
which is better a wireless PCI-E card or a wireless M.2 chip?

you won't see any improvement in performance, no matter the slot

Please, follow your own posts and mention me in comments, otherwise i won't be able to help you.

Daily OS: OpenBSD -current

ok thanks

CPU: Intel Core i5 6400 ~ ASUS GTX 950 OC STRIX GB ~

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 16GB dual channel 

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-H170-HD3 ~ SSD:HyperX Savage 240GB  ~  PSU: Corsair CX550M

~ MOUSE: Logitech G700s ~ KEYBOARD: Razer Blackwidow tournament

HEADPHONES: Focousrite HP60  ~ MIC:Focusrite CM25 ~ A.I: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 ~ MONITOR: Asus VC239H 23-inch IPS Monitor ~ CASE: Fractual Design define R4  ~ Corsair MM300 Medium

1 minute ago, EvilNeo said:

i'm following this question and also have a similar question
which is better a wireless PCI-E card or a wireless M.2 chip?

You generally have so many PCIe slots, but just one or two M.2 slots. So the PCIe card is better. But if you have a mITX board (with only 1 PCIe x16 slot), and a graphics card, you better get the M.2 chip...

Nothing to see here ;)

Just now, anandgeforce said:

You generally have so many PCIe slots, but just one or two M.2 slots. So the PCIe card is better. But if you have a mITX board (with only 1 PCIe x16 slot), and a graphics card, you better get the M.2 chip...

what about performance is the M.2 better than the PCI-E?

12 minutes ago, Mr Robot said:

So i was looking to buy my first PC and I've heard that you should put your GPU in the top slot for maximum performance but because my wireless router is too far from my room i will be buying a PCI-E wireless card and so i was wondering if i should put my wireless card in the top PCI-E for max speed or put the GPU in the top PCI-E for max performance

this is the Wireless card http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007GMPZ0A?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_8&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

this the GPU http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0142LN38S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

thanks in advance

The wireless card will do fine in any slot as it doesn't need that much bandwidth (even the fastest one doesn't). But you definitely need at least a PCIe x8 Gen3 slot (PCIe x16 Gen3 recommended) for a graphics card, as it needs hell a lot of bandwidth!

Nothing to see here ;)

1 minute ago, EvilNeo said:

what about performance is the M.2 better than the PCI-E?

That doesn't make any difference with wireless cards... And nowadays, M.2 slots use PCIe x4 slots only, so no worries!

Nothing to see here ;)