To upgrade or not to upgrade- that is the question

Hi everyone out there. Hope you are doing well. 

I'm posting this time to know if it will be worth to upgrade my machine.  If you think that is worth the upgrade i would like to know what would you recommend. 

Things to take in mind for a build recomendation: 

-I use the pc for content creation, editing, coding,  etc.

-I use it as a hackintosh (do have windows installed too)

-I don't play a lot of games but when i want to, i play some league of legends and csgo. 

-I do have 2 dell p2214h at the moment but i will want to upgrade. (I would like a 4k monitor but here in Argentina they are toooo expensive).

Finally my current pc:

Intel i7 4790k

Corsair Hydro H100i

MSI Z97 Krait Edition

Kingston Hyperx Fury 32 gb (4x8gb)

MSi GTX 560ti

Samsung 850 Evo 120gb (windows)

Wd Caviar Blue 1tb 

Samsung 850 Pro 256gb (OS X)

Wd Caviar Black 3tb

NZXT Hale82 v2 550w

NZXT H440 white/black

Thats all, hope you can help me to make a final decision. 

Current budget: u$d 1300 + the money for my current pc (what will be the correct price to sell it)

id just replace the powersupply and video card and youd be good to go.

a 650 watt corsair and a GTX970 and you are set imo.

or what ever the next gen nvidia equivalant is)

what FPS are you getting in csgo and lol right now?

when you render edited contents, do you feel like it's too slow? would you like it to be faster?

have you overclocked your CPU?

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

23 minutes ago, despereauxar said:

I use it as a hackintosh (do have windows installed too)

15 minutes ago, Toxicknight79 said:

a GTX970

a hackintosh requires serious checking of compatibility of hardware, its not as simple as plug and play like windows pc

check if 970 is supported for your hackintosh

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

2 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

a hackintosh requires serious checking of compatibility of hardware, its not as simple as plug and play like windows pc

check if 970 is supported for your hackintosh

part of why i avoid apple with every fiber of my being lol but i would think mac os would support it.

edit::reddit user discussing success with a gtx970

Higher rated PSU and a Maxwell or Pascal GPU of your choice would speed it up heaps in game. I assume you OC the CPU?

12 minutes ago, DXMember said:

what FPS are you getting in csgo and lol right now?

when you render edited contents, do you feel like it's too slow? would you like it to be faster?

have you overclocked your CPU?

200+

When rendering i feel like it's slow. But i think it might be the os x, it feels kinda laggy.  When using adobe products or even coda editor. I'm running Yosemite

No, i didnt overclocked it. I would like but i'm scared

With a H100i you could I think safely try just a little OC without a voltage increase, or even try auto. Up to you though, best to be cautious.

Especially with a render the CPU speed could make a difference

5 minutes ago, Lordmac14 said:

With a H100i you could I think safely try just a little OC without a voltage increase, or even try auto. Up to you though, best to be cautious.

Especially with a render the CPU speed could make a difference

It seems that i wont need an upgrade. So i will spend the money on a new graphic card, new psu , Corsair sp fans for the case and radiator and thermal compound for the cpu. I would like to clean everything and then oc following Linus guide

14 hours ago, despereauxar said:

200+

When rendering i feel like it's slow. But i think it might be the os x, it feels kinda laggy.  When using adobe products or even coda editor. I'm running Yosemite

No, i didnt overclocked it. I would like but i'm scared

1st Overclock CPU, you have a very good cooler and should be able to achieve ~20% more performance from your CPU

2nd Check if any of your rendering or editing application support CUDA or OpenCL acceleration, if it does make sure they are enabled

if after the 1st and 2nd step it still feels slow, then consider

1st if CUDA is supported - upgrade your GPU to something like GTX580 or GTX680 or GTX770 or GTX780

2nd if OpenCL is supported - upgrade your GPU to something like R9 280x or R9 290

3rd if neither CUDE or OpenGL is supported and you still feel it's slow - try other encoding algorithms that do support CUDA or OpenCL, try replacing software with that supports them

4th if it's not possible to offload the work to GPU with CUDA or OpenCL - consider upgrading to X99 platform with 6-core 5820K or 8-core 5960X

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

3 minutes ago, DXMember said:

1st Overclock CPU, you have a very good cooler and should be able to achieve ~20% more performance from your CPU

2nd Check if any of your rendering or editing application support CUDA or OpenCL acceleration, if it does make sure they are enabled

if after the 1st and 2nd step it still feels slow, then consider

1st if CUDA is supported - upgrade your GPU to something like GTX580 or GTX680 or GTX770 or GTX780

2nd if OpenCL is supported - upgrade your GPU to something like R9 280x or R9 290

3rd if neither CUDE or OpenGL is supported and you still feel it's slow - try other encoding algorithms that do support CUDA or OpenCL, try replacing software with that supports them

4th if it's not possible to offload the work to GPU with CUDA or OpenCL - consider upgrading to X99 platform with 6-core 5820K or 8-core 5960X

Now i'm downloading OS X El Capitan from a friend Mac Book Pro. I will install after effects, maya, c4d on windows to see what happens (yep, didn't come to my mind until now). I'll try another softwares as you mention but on windows to ensure that the problem is not hardware related. Thanks for the help again!