Pc doesnt boot from shutdown, but ok from restart

Roboslash1
Go to solution Solved by DevilishBooster,
4 minutes ago, Roboslash1 said:

EDIT:

Booted two times with fast boot disabled. No problems. What could be the cause of this?

That error is probably becuase it is failing to boot and then you have to do a hard shutdown to reset the system. It could be a compatability issue between the Win10 fast startup and the hardware, or it could be a corrupted Prefetch file (what is used to allow Windows fastboot). Take it one step at a time.

Clear the CMOS.

Update the BIOS.

Try booting it both without and with fastboot enabled.

If the issue persists, then do some research on Google to see if other people with the same mobo have had the same issue and if they found a fix.

Hi,

When I shut down my pc it will not boot again. It shows the gigabyte logo from my motherboard, and then it just stays stuck on there. However when I restart the computer it its ok. Each time i shut it down and i press the power button, it is stuck on this logo. I think i am booting from UEFI because the gigabyte logo pops up instead of the windows 10 logo.

I need to hold in the power button, turn off the psu and then on again, and then my pc will boot. 

Need some help, thanks. 

Desktop: Processor - Intel Core i7 5820K   Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3   RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400MHz DDR4   GPU - Gigabyte GeForce 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB Case - Fractal Design R4 Window   Storage - x1 WD Green 1TB, x1 WD Green 2TB, x1 Samsung 850EVO 120GB, x1 Kingston SSDNow 120GB  PSU - Cooler Master B700 (700W)   Displays - x1 Dell E2214H, x2 Dell 1908FP-BLK   Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 SE2011  

Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Expert 2014   Mouse - Razer Deathaddder 2013   Speakers - Logitech Z906 5.1 OS - Windows 10 Pro   Headphones - Steelseries 9H, Sennheiser Momentum

The Gigabyte logo should always pop up before the Windows logo. The computer has to load the BIOS before it can open the boot loader. Have you tried clearing the CMOS yet?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Just now, Dionyz said:

*Looks for problem* gigabyte.

/end thread

LOL

3 minutes ago, Roboslash1 said:

Hi,

When I shut down my pc it will not boot again. It shows the gigabyte logo from my motherboard, and then it just stays stuck on there. However when I restart the computer it its ok. Each time i shut it down and i press the power button, it is stuck on this logo. I think i am booting from UEFI because the gigabyte logo pops up instead of the windows 10 logo.

I need to hold in the power button, turn off the psu and then on again, and then my pc will boot. 

Need some help, thanks. 

The gigabyte logo will load up for every boot, but , sounds like you have a hardware conflict really. id  check the ram see if theres a bad module with memtest or something.  after that  go into the bios and make sure everything alright , it could also be the power supply   acting up ,,   number of things  could cause that. 

1 minute ago, DevilishBooster said:

The Gigabyte logo should always pop up before the Windows logo. The computer has to load the BIOS before it can open the boot loader. Have you tried clearing the CMOS yet?

Hardware should be fine, though I think its more software related. Just reinstalled windows 10.

Desktop: Processor - Intel Core i7 5820K   Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-X99-UD3   RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB 2400MHz DDR4   GPU - Gigabyte GeForce 980 Ti G1 Gaming 6GB Case - Fractal Design R4 Window   Storage - x1 WD Green 1TB, x1 WD Green 2TB, x1 Samsung 850EVO 120GB, x1 Kingston SSDNow 120GB  PSU - Cooler Master B700 (700W)   Displays - x1 Dell E2214H, x2 Dell 1908FP-BLK   Cooling - Noctua NH-D14 SE2011  

Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Expert 2014   Mouse - Razer Deathaddder 2013   Speakers - Logitech Z906 5.1 OS - Windows 10 Pro   Headphones - Steelseries 9H, Sennheiser Momentum

2 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

Yes it does load I know that, though when the little cog wheel thingy spins indicating its loading windows 10 also has the gigabyte logo replacing the windows 10 one.

2 minutes ago, Roboslash1 said:

Yes it does load I know that, though when the little cog wheel thingy spins indicating its loading windows 10 also has the gigabyte logo replacing the windows 10 one.

Have you cleared CMOS and checked to see if there are any BIOS updates for your motherboard yet?

Is the spinning cog part of the Gigabyte logo? (I've never used a GB mobo)

And to make sure I'm understanding you, it displays the Gigabyte logo, refreshes, then displays the Gigabyte logo on top of the Windows 10 screen instead of the Windows logo? Is there any way you can take a picture or video of it to show us? I'm not doubting you, I just have never heard of this issue before and want to make sure I fully understand what you are describing.

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Just now, DevilishBooster said:

Have you cleared CMOS and checked to see if there are any BIOS updates for your motherboard yet?

Is the spinning cog part of the Gigabyte logo? (I've never used a GB mobo)

And to make sure I'm understanding you, it displays the Gigabyte logo, refreshes, then displays the Gigabyte logo on top of the Windows 10 screen instead of the Windows logo? Is there any way you can take a picture or video of it to show us? I'm not doubting you, I just have never heard of this issue before and want to make sure I fully understand what you are describing.

It would be a bit hard to make a video of it right now, as I have nothing to record it with. What I mean is that it displays the gigabyte logo (like it should) and then the gigabyte logo does not go away. The cog wheel loading icon is the part of windows 10 loading. The gigabyte logo replaces the windows 10 blue logo. I read somewhere that this means that the system is booting up in UEFI mode. I also checked my bios and it said that it was booting in UEFI/Legacy mode.

Thanks a lot.

It should be booting in UEFI mode.

You still haven't answered my question about resetting the CMOS.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Have you checked for any BIOS updates?

END OF LINE

7 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

It should be booting in UEFI mode.

You still haven't answered my question about resetting the CMOS.

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

Have you checked for any BIOS updates?

There are bios updates yeah. Havent tried the CMOS yet no.

1 minute ago, Roboslash1 said:

There are bios updates yeah. Havent tried the CMOS yet no.

Ok. The first thing to do is install the BIOS updates, then see if the problem still exists.

END OF LINE

3 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

Ok. The first thing to do is install the BIOS updates, then see if the problem still exists.

Before that I want to tell you about the fast boot error I found in event viewer. 

windows failed fast startup with error status 0xc00000d4

6 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

EDIT:

Booted two times with fast boot disabled. No problems. What could be the cause of this?

4 minutes ago, Roboslash1 said:

EDIT:

That error is probably becuase it is failing to boot and then you have to do a hard shutdown to reset the system. It could be a compatability issue between the Win10 fast startup and the hardware, or it could be a corrupted Prefetch file (what is used to allow Windows fastboot). Take it one step at a time.

Clear the CMOS.

Update the BIOS.

If the issue persists, then do some research on Google to see if other people with the same mobo have had the same issue and if they found a fix.

END OF LINE

5 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

Clear the CMOS.

Update the BIOS.

Ok, thanks a lot.