Surface Book, Fan noise normal?

I just got my Surface Book and while people say "most issues are solved by now" i am unsure if mine is damaged or not.

Just running any browser the fans start to spin with a VERY noticeable ramp up sound. They stop after 2 seconds... just to start back up again another 2 seconds later. 

If they would just KEEP running it would not be an issue i guess, but this ramp up sound is very noticeable and annoying. 

Since this thing is meant for university use noise is a big concern for me. I can hardly use it in any courses if i can not get rid of this fan issue.

Microsoft offered me to take it back and i can order a new one, but they did not tell me if this is a common thing with Surface Books or a damaged unit. Since i know noone that has one i can not check on that either. So... anyone here has any experience with a Surface Book? I don't want to reorder the same thing, just to have the same issue again. 

Thanks

Hard to say. Which model of the Surface Book do you have? Im not sure where the fan is in the unit. I mean it is a 2 in 1, plus some models to have a dedicated GPU which I would think would need active cooling. Does it feel hot to the touch? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

No, it does not feel hot at all. That is why i am wondering (along with the crazy 2 sec intervalls).

But yes, it does have a dGPU since microsoft is not selling the 256gb SSD version without a dGPU in germany. Very sad about that since i don't need the gpu but DEFINITLY need the space :-/.