Best Budget CPU

Greetings!

I'm interested in building a PC although I'm currently unsure of what CPU I should purchase. My budget is around $350 ($260 USD) and am looking to purchase a CPU that alongside a R9 380, can provide sufficient gaming and work (Programing/Rendering) performance.

Thanks for you time,

Sincerely gaba23

5 minutes ago, gaba23 said:

Greetings!

I'm interested in building a PC although I'm currently unsure of what CPU I should purchase. My budget is around $350 ($260 USD) and am looking to purchase a CPU that alongside a R9 380, can provide sufficient gaming and work (Programing/Rendering) performance.

Thanks for you time,

Sincerely gaba23

1231v3.

6 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

6600k is perfect. 6600 if you won't be overclocking.

I'm doing my first ever PC build, mainly, for gaming and I got the 6600K. I feel it has the best price - performance ratio. Still waiting on the rest of the components to actually start building. Can't wait. :) So yeah I too would say 6600K or 6600.

14 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Just now, PhantomCyborgNinga said:

I'm doing my first ever PC build, mainly, for gaming and I got the 6600K. I feel it has the best price - performance ratio. Still waiting on the rest of the components to actually start building. Can't wait. :) So yeah I too would say 6600K or 6600.

I´d still argue the 1231v3. If he´s rendering, the extra 4 threads are going to be a giant help.

1 minute ago, PhantomCyborgNinga said:

i5's in general are great. Often times they overclock like champs which allow them to perform really well for the money you spent.

ASU

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

I´d still argue the 1231v3. If he´s rendering, the extra 4 threads are going to be a giant help.

True, it depends on which the OP is doing more of, gaming or rendering. 

ASU

Just now, Hackentosher said:

True, it depends on which the OP is doing more of, gaming or rendering. 

Even if he is doing more gaming, the 1231v3 will still perform very well in it. Honestly, it comes down to if he wants to oc or not IMO.

16 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Sorry, i might scare you but there is a problem with skylake cpu, they bend easely with pressure damaging the cpu, on the right, the skylake, of the left, an haswell. Ill say take a xeon 1231 v3

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Wolfire said:

Sorry, i might scare you but there is a problem with skylake cpu, they bend easely with pressure damaging the cpu, on the right, the skylake, of the left, an haswell. Ill say take a xeon 1231 v3

image.jpeg

Didn´t they fix that?

Just now, Starelementpoke said:

Didn´t they fix that?

Nope, same pcb thickness, so same bending, if they do, they need to change ALL motherboards to get the extra height needed to get thicker pcb of the cpu

1 minute ago, Starelementpoke said:

Didn´t they fix that?

dont know if they fixed it, but i havent heard about any issues since the post where that picture were featured.

and i believe the incident on the photo was caused by using electric tools to tighten the screws on the cpu cooler

CPU: 6700k 4.6Ghz GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X MB: MSI Gaming M5 PSU: Evga 750 G2 Case: Phanteks EVOLV 

9 hours ago, Starelementpoke said:

Even if he is doing more gaming, the 1231v3 will still perform very well in it. Honestly, it comes down to if he wants to oc or not IMO.

I'm most likely not to over clock and the games I play are usually low end titles like CS:SO and LoL but I had occasionally play games such as BF4.

48 minutes ago, gaba23 said:

I'm most likely not to over clock and the games I play are usually low end titles like CS:SO and LoL but I had occasionally play games such as BF4.

Then 1231v3.

Ive read various trusted articles that suggest the i3-6100 can be easily over clocked to to 4.4Ghz using base clock over clocking and is on par with several i5's. This makes it a great choice for a budget machine. 

On 3/15/2016 at 10:38 PM, Hackentosher said:

Unfortunately I RAM I have purchased for my build is only DDR3, is there an older CPU that is similar?

On 3/16/2016 at 6:36 AM, gaba23 said:

Greetings!

Thanks for you time,

Sincerely gaba23

Xeon E3 1231V3. It's an i7-4770 without the iGPU, and since you're getting a 380, you don't need an iGPU.

23 hours ago, SeanK said:

Ive read various trusted articles that suggest the i3-6100 can be easily over clocked to to 4.4Ghz using base clock over clocking and is on par with several i5's. This makes it a great choice for a budget machine. 

Intel layeth down the smack and that feature was removed from BIOSes.

4 minutes ago, gaba23 said:

Unfortunately I RAM I have purchased for my build is only DDR3, is there an older CPU that is similar?

The aforementioned Xeon works with DDR3. The 4690 and 4690K are the go-to Haswell i5 chips, and both fit within your budget.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.