EK GPU block package contents

Go to solution Solved by EK Luc,
4 hours ago, Freowin said:

Strangely, its an M2.5x6 screw. I guess it's for the back plate then. 

So, is missing the hex wrench normal? I mean I can buy one in the hardware store, but itd bea big peace of mind if i knew whether or not it should be there

The hex wrench should have been included :(

Sorry about that

Hi, just a small question since I'm finishing my build and theres this thing that's just been bugging me. Do all EK waterblocks for GPUs include size 2 allen wrenches? I searched for unboxing videos and threads and i always see them included. I only recieved the bigger one for the plugs but i don't think i saw any smaller ones (for opening the block itself) and it has really been bugging me since! For reference, my block is the EK 980Ti TF5 Nickel Plexi. (For the MSI 980Ti Gaming 6g) plus i got a screw that does not fit, and a screw that didnt have threads!

thats normal, the screws that not fit are for the backplates. they just have universal screw bags and throw them in every package i guess. its actually statet in the installation manual.

IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY TO YOU, QUOTE MY POST.

Fire Strike Score

5820K @ 4.8GHZ - 1.25v / Uncore @ 4.5GHZ - 1.2v / 3000MHZ G.skill 32GB Quad Channel / Asus Rampage V Extreme / 950 Pro Nvme / Sound Blaster ZxR  / 980 TI / Windows 7

So, is missing the hex wrench normal? I mean I can buy one in the hardware store, but itd bea big peace of mind if i knew whether or not it should be there

4 hours ago, Freowin said:

Sorry about that

5 hours ago, EK Luc said:

Sorry about that

I see, thanks. Maybe I just dropped it somewhere, I'll just look again. If it really didn't contain one i guess I'll just need to buy hex wrenches just in case. It's just a standard size 2 right?

17 hours ago, Freowin said:

I see, thanks. Maybe I just dropped it somewhere, I'll just look again. If it really didn't contain one i guess I'll just need to buy hex wrenches just in case. It's just a standard size 2 right?

I'm pretty sure it's a 2 but it could be a 2.5....it might be better to get both.