Mapped network drive

Hello,

I have windows 7 computer which has shared folder between 30 people in same network. I've done that by mapping that folder in each of the computers. It works fine if there are like 10 people connected, but when all 30 tries to connect, some of them can't and get this error "no more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the compiuter can accept".

Would this solution help me. Changing restrict remote desktop services user to a single remote service session from "not configured" to "disabled". Or using regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server and changing value of fsinglesessionperuser from "1" to "0". Maybe there is a different way to make it that more users could connect to that mapped network drive?

1 minute ago, ijustas said:

Hello,

I have windows 7 computer which has shared folder between 30 people in same network. I've done that by mapping that folder in each of the computers. It works fine if there are like 10 people connected, but when all 30 tries to connect, some of them can't and get this error "no more connections can be made to this remote computer at this time because there are already as many connections as the compiuter can accept".

Would this solution help me. Changing restrict remote desktop services user to a single remote service session from "not configured" to "disabled". Or using regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server and changing value of fsinglesessionperuser from "1" to "0". Maybe there is a different way to make it that more users could connect to that mapped network drive?

Windows 7 has a maximum allowed connections of 20 for File Sharing, Printing etc. If you need that many people connecting to a share you need to use Windows Server. There is no way round this with a reg key etc, Microsoft coded this limit in to the OS on purpose to make sure there is 'proper use' of their products.

http://www.nextofwindows.com/how-many-concurrent-connections-allowed-to-access-a-windows-7-computer/