Unlimited Budget Editing Rig

Alright, I think I'll need some help on this one. About 6 months ago, I built a system with a 5960x and two 980tis for a professional youtuber for general recording/editing. He likes the end result, but he's setting that aside for an in-house editor and wants a new rig. Generally speaking, he'll be using it for gameplay recording and editing. He doesn't do high-end gaming, just the recording of a less-than-modern game (minecraft tier) and editing. The fastest render times possible are the biggest focus with this build, he generally puts out 2-3 10-30 minute videos a day and wants to maximize productivity. He uses Vegas 13 Pro to edit and the aim is to lower render times over the 5960x/2x980ti setup, he has 3x 4k monitors, it'll end up running either Windows 7 or Windows 10 depending on the spare key I find laying around, and we're in the USA. There is no theoretical budget, we don't want to spend money if we don't need to, but if render times can be improved by spending money on something smart, we'll do it. Based on the previous build, I guesstimated around 5000 USD for a price, but again, if render times can be improved, we'll spend more to increase efficiency.

For sake of a tl;dr

1. Budget & Location

$5000+, USA

2. Aim

Extremely basic gaming but primarily video editing.

3. Monitors

3x 4k monitors.

4. Peripherals

All accounted for. 

5. Why are you upgrading?

Faster render times than current 5960x and 2x980ti rig. 

9 minutes ago, BrotherVoid1 said:

Alright, I think I'll need some help on this one. About 6 months ago, I built a system with a 5960x and two 980tis for a professional youtuber for general recording/editing. He likes the end result, but he's setting that aside for an in-house editor and wants a new rig. Generally speaking, he'll be using it for gameplay recording and editing. He doesn't do high-end gaming, just the recording of a less-than-modern game (minecraft tier) and editing. The fastest render times possible are the biggest focus with this build, he generally puts out 2-3 10-30 minute videos a day and wants to maximize productivity. He uses Vegas 13 Pro to edit and the aim is to lower render times over the 5960x/2x980ti setup, he has 3x 4k monitors, it'll end up running either Windows 7 or Windows 10 depending on the spare key I find laying around, and we're in the USA. There is no theoretical budget, we don't want to spend money if we don't need to, but if render times can be improved by spending money on something smart, we'll do it. Based on the previous build, I guesstimated around 5000 USD for a price, but again, if render times can be improved, we'll spend more to increase efficiency.

For sake of a tl;dr

1. Budget & Location

$5000+, USA

2. Aim

3. Monitors

3x 4k monitors.

4. Peripherals

All accounted for. 

How can you get faster for a worstation build. Go with the ltt method. Get 2 $6000AUD Xeons and put them in a server. Use them for rendering for God's sake

12 hours ago, BrotherVoid1 said:

For sake of a tl;dr

1. Budget & Location

$5000+, USA

2. Aim

3. Monitors

3x 4k monitors.

4. Peripherals

All accounted for. 

go for an 18 core xeon 

titans would actually be better for your work

but nvidia quadros would be better

hell, even a tesla

1 minute ago, jkeasley said:

How can you get faster for a worstation build. Go with the ltt method. Get 2 $6000AUD Xeons and put them in a server. Use them for rendering for God's sake

I was trying to find the buildlog for that setup, but I couldn't find a parts list. If you could link, that'd be sweet. 

Additionally, I don't know what LTT uses for rendering. Does Vegas benefit from any additional cores past 4/8HT? 

On 3/15/2016 at 1:52 PM, BrotherVoid1 said:

I was trying to find the buildlog for that setup, but I couldn't find a parts list. If you could link, that'd be sweet. 

Additionally, I don't know what LTT uses for rendering. Does Vegas benefit from any additional cores past 4/8HT? 

It was a joke, but if you really need it, it would be their 7 gamers, 2 cpus video. That's your best bet. Make sure you also get the 7 r9 nanos

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 11:39 PM, BrotherVoid1 said:

...He uses Vegas 13 Pro to edit and the aim is to lower render times over the 5960x/2x980ti setup, he has 3x 4k monitors,...

What codecs are used for rendering?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.